Fun, friendship and family. The working part is just to establish the former.
But is life on earth all that is is about?
Some said it all started with a soup, but who made the soup?
Must have been a good chef to cook up our world we are living in.
Let’s see how we can cook up that soup part.
7 Instead, we were like young children among you.Just as a nursing mother cares for her children, 8 so we cared for you. Because we loved you so much, we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well. 9 Surely you remember, brothers and sisters, our toil and hardship; we worked night and day in order not to be a burden to anyone while we preached the gospel of God to you. – 1 Thessalonians 2:7-9 | NIV
– So Hans what do we need to learn from Paul’s example about how to reach out to other people?
- Francois I need to be like a mother caring for her young children.
- We need to share our lives not just the gospel.
– What would be involved in “sharing not only the gospel with someone, but our lives as well” Hans?
- Francois you would build a friendship with that person.
- Also you would invite them over to your house to hang out.
– Someone once said: “People don’t care how much you know, until they see how much you care.” How can you show some of the non-Christians around you that you really care for them?
- I need to get involved in their lives.
- Find out what they like to do and do it with them.
31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’ – Matthew 25:31-36 | NIV
– How are other Christians around you seeking to fulfill this passage in their lives Hans?
- Francois to fulfill the basic needs of people that we are reaching out to.
– Hans who can you talk with this week about this passage and how to live it out in your life?
- Francois there is Arthur who does not have a job that I can help him to sort out his CV.
- I need to find out what peoples needs are so I can help them.
- I can go visit my aunt in the hospital.
– Which friend can you reach out to?
- I can reach out to my old school friends.
– Who can I ask to help me make a plan?
- I can ask Nick and Jacques.
Prayer for Today:
Dear Father thank you for loving me enough to send me your Son to die on the cross for my sins so I can be reunited with you. Father I know the need out there is increadible! Help me to make a difference by doing those small things that amount up to big things. Help me to love my friends in a spiritual way that might help them go to heaven! Help me to make every effort to do so! Amen.
Tomorrow we will look at: What do we need to learn from Paul’s experience in sharing the Word with people?
Next Day – My Mission – Part 5 of 8 – What Compels you?