What makes you get up in the morning?
Is it that 7 digit bank account?
Are you an adventurous guy and ur job just pays for your adventure?
Let’s have a look at what should motivate you as a disciple.
Since, then, we know what it is to fear the Lord, we try to persuade others. What we are is plain to God, and I hope it is also plain to your conscience. 12 We are not trying to commend ourselves to you again, but are giving you an opportunity to take pride in us, so that you can answer those who take pride in what is seen rather than in what is in the heart. 13 If we are “out of our mind,” as some say, it is for God; if we are in our right mind, it is for you. 14 For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. 15 And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.16 So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer. 17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! 18 All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: 19 that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. 20 We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God. 21 God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God – 2 Corinthians 5:11 | NIV
– Hans what are the 7 things we learn in this passage about evangelism?
- 1. Francois if I fear God I will try to persuade others to come to him.
- 2. I need to be “Out of my mind” for Christ in the eyes of the world.
- 3. Francois, Christ’s love needs to compel me to make disciples.
- 4. I should no longer live for myself but for God.
- 5. Francois I should no longer regard someone from a worldly point of view, they are either disciples or not,going to heaven or not.
- 6. I am a minister of reconciliation, reconciling people back to God.
- 7. I am also Christ’s ambassador as if Christ was making His appeal through me.
7 But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. 8 We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9 persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. 10 We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body – 2 Corinthians 4:7-10 | NIV
– What do we need to learn from Paul’s experience in sharing the Word with people Hans?
- It is like a treasure we share with them.
- Francois I will be hard pressed on every side but not crushed.
- There will be a lot of difficulty and confusion, but I will not be in despair.
- I will be persecuted Francois but not abandoned.
- I will be struck down but not destroyed.
- Jesus being alive will be revealed in my body.
1 Therefore, since through God’s mercy we have this ministry, we do not lose heart – 2 Corinthians 4:1 | NIV
– Hans why would there be no greater purpose in life than bringing others to Christ?
- Francois because that is the only thing that will matter in the end, if you are right with God or not.
– What great feeling do you have when you share your faith?
- What I do has eternal impact on someones lif, it might just save them for eternity.
– Hans what does it do for your convictions?
- Francois that I am one of God’s messengers on earth.
Payer for Today:
Lord thank you that I can be one of your messengers. I pray that I will not take up my job You gave me lightly. It is true that we will face persecution while sharing the gospel, help me to have faith in you not in what I can accomplish. God it makes me happy to think that someones life can change for eternity. Amen.
Tomorrow we will look at: “Choices are the hinges of destiny” – Edwin Markham
Next Day – My Mission – Part 6 of 8 – Are you Making the Most of Every opportunity?