Have you found your keys to happiness yet?
Very facination story about a house that contains different keys that does special things for the person posessing them.
Keys unlock the barriers to where we want to go or to keep oneself safe like the movie “The other side of the door”
Having the right keys is essential.
Ever came to your house and realize you have locked the keys inside, bugger!!!
It make you feel helpless, but then you remember your good old friend the locksmith.
I recently had my locks serviced in my house. Ther was quite a few missing. So on the other end of the spectrum locks keeps you and your belongings safe.
Let’s see how you can open new adventures but keep yourself safe by having the right keys to life.
19 Jesus gave them this answer: “Very truly I tell you, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does. – John 5:19 | NIV
– So Hans what do you learn here?
- Francois to pray I immitate Jesus depending on God.
- I can do nothing spiritually by myself, but pray that God works through me.
2. Make the most of Every Opportunity
2 Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. 3 And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains. 4 Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. 5 Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. 6 Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone. – Colossians 4:2-6 | NIV
– Hans what must we pray for?
- Francois first I must devote myself to prayer, I will only do that if I am depending on God and not myself.
- I need to be watchful in prayer, like a guard on a tower to asses the situation all the time.
- I need to be thankful in prayer about the things God has given me Francois, not look to the things I do not have.
- Francois I must pray for God to open a door for our message. See where an opportunity afford me to share the gospel with people and study the Bible with them.
- I must pray that I may proclaim the gospel clearly. Francois I need to know the basics at least to study the Bible with people and help them to become Disciples / Christians.
– What should my demeanor / conversation be towards people I am reaching out to Hans?
- First Francois I must be wise how I act toward outsiders. It is like fishing, you must put on the right bait to lure the fish.
- I should try pointing the conversation in that direction and see how they react to what I am saying. Also use the opportunities I have to reach out.
- My conversation Francois should be graceful; which is unmerited favour with unconditional love.
- My conversation seasoned with salt might mean making things spiritually tasteful; like salt does with food.
- Lastly Francois I need to be able to answer anybody regarding spiritual things, which is a real big ask! I’m not sure if I can do it at this stage of my walk with God.
– Hans we have a series of Bible studies that will train you to be able to help people spiritually. Would you like to study that out?
- Oh yes certainly? Where can I start?
– I think it is best to start here. https://francoisvdmerwe.wordpress.com . It is a daily series that will help you understand the 101 of Christianity.
Prayer for Today:
Dear Lord thank you for your word that helps me to be close to you. It also teaches me to stay close to you and grow as a disciple. I know that prayer makes me reliant on You. I pray that I might be consistent with my prayer and Bible study every day to keep build my relationship and understanding of You. I pray that me reaching out to people will be graceful and be able to give them the answers they need to hear to grow in their relationship with You. Amen.
Tomorrow we will look at Part 2 of the Study.
- What is words of God?
- What is my purpose and destiny?
- What stops me from growing closer to God?
- What is the Kingdom of God and how did people enter it?
- How do I cross over?
Next Day – My Mission – Part 8 of 8 (Continued)