Read Time:4 Minute, 45 Second
It is very funny looking at Snoopy’s cartoon; I can definately relate! Steve Jobs used to say:
“The only way to do great work; is to love what you do”.Link The Theme for today is:
Be an approved worker for God under all authority from Jesus’ with the Bible as my Standard to love God with all my heart and making sure my neighbor and I make it to heaven.Let’s see what God has to say about work:
15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth – 2 Tim 2:15 | NIV– So the question is Hans; how can you be obedient to this scripture?
- Phewwww, I need to be on the level God expects.
- I need to do good work Francois so I will not be ashamed of my work.
- I need to know the Bible so I can handle it correctly. So if I have my bosses knowledge, my workflow increases in it’s effectiveness.
18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me – Mat 28:18 | NIV– In light of the previous passage Hans, what does the authority of Christ now mean in your life?
- Francois all authority belongs to Jesus.
- I need to please Jesus.
- Jesus is The Boss.
- I work for Jesus now.
- I need to do a great job for Jesus.
- I need to have some goals in my relationship with God and people, just as I have with my daytime job.
“Always remember your focus determines your reality”.So Hans if you want to do great work for God you have to decide how much time to set aside for say bible study, prayer, sharing your faith, etc. Time that will please God. Something Michael Phelps the 28 medals olympic medalist said:
“I think goals should never be easy, they should force you to work, even if they are uncomfortable at the time”.
- Wowww Francois that is challenging.
47 “If anyone hears my words but does not keep them, I do not judge that person. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world. 48 There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; the very words I have spoken will condemn them at the last day. 49 For I did not speak on my own, but the Father who sent me commanded me to say all that I have spoken. 50 I know that his command leads to eternal life. So whatever I say is just what the Father has told me to say.” – Jn 12:47-50 | NIV– What happens to the one who does not accept the words of Jesus Hans?
- They will be condemned to hell. Owch.
- Francois He wants for us to have Eternal life with Him.
- God’s Word is the Authority in our lives
- To accept His commands.
- Follow His commands.
- The Bible be my Standard for Living, not my feelings or what I want.
- Leaders can only remind and keep me accountable to the decision I have already have made to make the Bible the standard for my life.
- Well this might sound simplistic but read God’s word & keep it.
- Francois I need to make sure I know God’s standard.
- Second, make sure I do what the standard requires.
- Thirdly, spend good time examining the standard every day. I would say if I want to become say a doctor, I spend seven years of my life to study to become one. How much more intensity to make sure I get to heaven to be with God!
- Well we did a Bible study with Thomas.
- I spoke to Ben as well
- Francois with Thomas we did a seeking God Bible study.
- I shared with Ben what I am busy studying out in the Bible and how I want to share my faith with people.
- People close to my heart.
- People who I’m sharing the word with.
- No problem. Morning Father, thank you so much for your word that inspires us to live a godly life. Sometimes it is hard to think that you are ultimately my boss, and I need to please you. Thank you for your grace that you do not fire me. Help me to make the Bible the standard for my life on a daily basis. Help me also just to share your word boldly with my friends on a daily basis because my love them inspires me to help them to be close to You. Amen.