“Achievement seems to be connected with action. Successful men and women keep moving. They make mistakes but don’t quit – Conrad Hilton“
1. What I think a great employee entails?
– What does it take Hans to become your boss’ right hand or 2nd in command according to Forbes?
- Loyalty I think.
- I need to follow his / her instructions.
- Identify problems and solve them.
- Don’t get bogged down by the details.
- Feedback closes the loop after input, output and feedback.
- Give my boss the benefit of the doubt.
- Don’t be a suckup, do your job.
2. What are some requirements of a great employee?
15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. – 2 Tim 2:15 | NIV
– What do you believe God is communicating to you here Hans?
- I need to do my best Francois.
- I need to present myself.
- I need to be approved.
- I am a worker for God and I need to do good work so that I will not be ashamed of my work.
- I need to do correctly handle the word of God.
Hans state a brief explanation of each of these statements; to handle God’s Word correctly I must:
a. Have great respect for it?
- Francois it is God’s word, the creator of the universe.
- It is the law of the universe if I believe it or not.
- I will be judged according to it.
b. Spend time studying it?
- If I do not study it I will not be able to use it properly.
c. Share it with a Godly attitude?
- If I speak as God’s ambassador Francois, I need to be serious enough to install conviction / faith in the other person.
- If I do not share it with an Godly attitude I make a mockery of God.
3. What is the value of communication in being a great employee?
24 And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful. 25 Opponents must be gently instructed, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth, 26 and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will – 2 Tim 2:24-26 | NIV
– What characterises Worldly Communication and it’s effect on people lives in this scripture Hans?
- It is querrelsome Francois.
- You see people as opponents.
- It is senseless.
- It is lies from satan.
- You are trapped by the devil.
- The people are captive doing satan’s will.
– Hans the opposite characterises Godly Communication and it’s effect on people lives in this scripture?
- It is kind to everyone.
- You are able to teach.
- You give gentle instruction.
- Yor attitude will be hope that God will grant them repentance.
- It leads people to the knowledge of the truth Francois.
- It is God’s truth.
Wow Hans that was a mouthful!
– Would you like to close us out with a prayer?
- Sure my friend. Father thank for for a new day that I can be a great employee in your kingdom! Help me to be approved by you by the quality of work that I produce. Lord I do not always see myself as your employee; but help me to do have great Biblestudy and Prayer in the morning so that I will grow in my relationship with You and it will help me to focus on the tasks at hand. Holy Spirit I feel a bit overwhelmed about the big task to go make disciples of all nations, but help me just to focus on my influence sphere. Amen
– Great prayer Hans, I will see you tomorrow.
Tomorrow we will be looking at: Sound Doctrine