1. The Bible Scriptures:
– Let’s see what the Bible has to say about religion John.
6 Seek the Lord while he may be found;
call on him while he is near.
7 Let the wicked forsake their ways
and the unrighteous their thoughts.
Let them turn to the Lord, and he will have mercy on them,
and to our God, for he will freely pardon.
8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.
9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Let’s talk about business opportunities.
Are they always there just waiting for you taking it on or do they have a limit availability?
Well I am in the Real Estate business. If you do not jump on the opportunity it will soon disappear because another agent will sell the house.
When you saw that girl that you really liked did you say, oh well she will come around when she is ready!!! Noooo!!! You made a plan and asked her out asap. You were urgent and thought about her all the time.
I think it is the same with God. Are you urgent to draw close to Him every day? Is He your first priority in your life?
- I think it is like when Jesus started His ministry in Mark 1:15 – “Repent and believe the good news!”.
- v.7 say “Let the wicked forsake their way”. So we need to repent of our ways and will.
- So coming back to getting a girlfriend. Are you going to do the things you like to do to get her or find out what she likes to do and do that. I think you will find doing what she wants will make you more successful than just doing what you think will make her happy.
- So it is not doing our will. Has doing our will worked for us so far? You be the judge of that.
- So the Bible says we need to forsake our thoughts. Isn’t that where it all starts, the way we think about God and life and my purpose?
- Does my purpose in life draw me closer to God or away from Him? Well by default if my purpose is not God’s purpose for me, am I going to be successful spiritually? Nooo, I dont think soooo!!!
- What an awesome promise from God!!! If I turn away from my wicked ways and thoughts He will have mercy on me!!! Struggling with guilt feelings in your life, there you have it God will forgive you!!! Freely pardon you!!!
- God says His thoughts are not my thoughts.
- Our thoughts are Stinking Thinking.
- God has pure life saving thoughts that will help us spend eternity with Him.
- Try out the following; follow your thoughts and not your bosses thoughts and see where you end up.
- I don’t think you will be working long in that job.
- My thoughts become my way, isn’t it?
- So if our thoughts are not God’s thoughts, do we really think He will bless us? Or are we like little children whining because we cannot get our ways and feel sorry for ourselves.
- I see it a lot in my daughter who is six years old now. At first she will get very angry and vindictive; then when we send her to the bathroom to have a timeout she will all of a sudden starts apologizing and crying to manipulte my wife and I to get her way.
- What we normally tell her that if she is happy she can come out. We try to emphasize that we make discisions as a family together and it is not about just keeping her happy, but what is best for the family. Otherwise she will just become a spoiled brat; and that is what some of us are at times.
- My thoughts become my ways and we are normally very surprized by that. Stinking Thinking leads to Stinking Living.
- This is an invitation from God to come closer to Him.
- Our ways don’t work !
- Is God’s way or my way perfect. It takes humility to accept that God has a better plan from the beginning of eternity. That is if you believe He is almighty and omnipotent.
- Ask yourself, is God more clever than I am?
- Then it would be stupidity to follow my way!!!
- Only a fool loves to air his own opinion! He is not after understanding!!! (Pr 18:2)
- What does preaching the good news entails?
- What is the heart issues someone need to deal with to becoem a Christian?
- How does the Bible fit together?
- How does God save me?
- Does praying Jesus really works, where in the BIble is that prayer?
- Can I invite Jesus into my heart to be saved? Wasn’t that verse directed to lukewarm Christians that already was saved?
- So will I be religious or righteous in the end, do I know the difference?
- Is God unknown to you or do you have a real daily relationship with God?
- Can I defend my faith if someone asks me questions?
- Learn how to share the good news with people.
– John so I think you have some Bible study to do!!!
– Francois yes I rarely read my Bible except in church. If I have to defend my faith I must be able to show people from the Bible.
- My pleasure, Francois.
- Good Morning Father.
- I do love you God. I pray that I will seek you with all of my heart!!!
- Jesus I know news about You is good news and not the bad news.
- If you would like to study the Bible and learn more, get a mentor, please feel free to contact me by whatsapp me +27 79 481 8989. Join our find your greatness meetup group.