Not everybody can be famous, but everybody can be great because greatness is determined by service… You only need a heart full of grace and a soul generated by love – Martin Luther King Jr.
In her lyrics she had the following lines:
In my heart there’ll always be a place for you
For all my life
I’ll keep a part of you with me
And everywhere I am there you’ll be
And everywhere I am there you’ll be
Let’s look at what the Bible says where these words of Faith Hill ring true in my spiritual life:
Peace and Hope
5 Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God. 3 Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4 perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.
6 You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. 7 Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die. 8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
9 Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God’s wrath through him! 10 For if, while we were God’s enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life! 11 Not only is this so, but we also boast in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation – Rom 5:1-11
By faith we get access to the grace in which we now stand. That relationship with God that fill our lives with peace and fulfillment.
– Hans why is it so amaizing that God has shown His grace to us?
- It says while we were still sinners Christ died for us, when we were his enemies.
- I am no longer a slave to sin.
– In view of the teaching of this passage why is it so foolish for us to ever be proud, arrogant or boastful in any situation or relationships?
- Grace is an unmerited gift which we cannot earn or work for Francois.
In v.2 he says Hans it is in “this grace which we now stand”. Grace is a state in which you now stand and in whih you will continue to stand as you continue in your faith.
– How does it give you security to know that you are standing (living) in a state of grace?
- Francois it means God’s love cover’s my brokenness and sin.
- It is as if I have never sinned.
- It means God cannot love me more at this moment than any future moment in my life.
Suppose you fail in some way tomorrow and feel defeated Hans.
– What difference will it make that in Christ you “stand in grace”?
- When I got baptized for the forgiveness of my sin, it meant past, present and future sins.
- I have peace with God.
- I can rejoice in the hope and glory of God.
- I can look forward to spend eternity with God in heaven.
– That is awesome Hans!!! Can you close us out with a prayer? Thanks.
- Morning Lord
- Thank you for the new day and that I can walk in confidence in it.
- Help me to have faith in the grace that you have for my life.
- Lord sometimes I get so bogged down by my sin and forget that you forgave all my sin at baptism.
- Give me always a clear understanding of your grace and mercy.
Tomorrow we will be looking at: United with Christ