“It is only by say ‘No’ that you can consentrate on the things that are really important”. – Steve Jobs
“Saying ‘No’ can be the ultimate self-care – Claudia Black
The movie – “No”
Living under a dictatorship like in the movie “No” can be quite hard with no happiness.
In 1988, international pressure comes to bear on Chilean dictator Augusto Pinochet, forcing him to call a referendum on his presidency. The country will vote either yes or no on extending Pinochet’s rule for another eight years.
“The true story of how Chile’s “Mad Men” fought a dictator with happiness”
“Because in spite of what they say … Chile, happiness is coming”
They want all the people to vote “No” to injustice to live under a free democracy.
Have you voted “No” to worldliness and ungodly passions?
Let’s read what the Bible says:
Hans this passage could be translated “the grace of God gives us an education.”
– 1. What is the whole purpose of God giving us his grace?
- Grace should lead to a pure heart, eager to do what is good.
– 2. List some things that the grace of God educates you to do?
- Grace is there to teach us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions.
- Grace is there to teach us to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives.
– 3. Why must a “Yes” to God’s grace be followed by “No” to worldly passions and ungodliness?
- Jesus gave himself for us on the cross to redeem us from all wickedness.
- Jesus also came to purify us from worldly passions and ungodliness.
– 4. Hans is there anything still in your life that God’s grace is teaching you to say “no” to?
- Well Francois I still get’s very angry very quickly as some times and need to learn to be patient with people and in circumstances.
- I know there is a lot of movies that have impure scenes in it first to totally avoid some dodgy movies and second I must be very aware that I do not have a second look.
- I must say “No” to laziness and live as the Best Disciple in the World.
– Using your answer in question 4, now write out the following: “God’s grace is sufficient to enable me to say “no” to _______.”
- Impatience which is not loving people, because “love is patient” 1 Cor 13:4.
- Impurity equals to adultery in God’s eyes Mat 5:27-28.
- Laziness, God calls a lazy man wicked Mat 25:26.
Tomorrow we will be looking at: When I Sin