1. The Movie:
2. Quotes from the Movie:
3. The Bible Scriptures:
This is such a funny but realistic about life movie. We can be like Truman and think this world is the real world, everything revolves around me, but there is the real world out there. Then one day when you are presented with the truth, are you going to stick your head in the sand being ignorant and keep on living in the pretend world or will you venture out and live in the real world with real people. The truth and future might be daunting and scary but the adventure is worth it, just like living the Christian life.
Read and passage carefully Hans. Each time you come to the word “we” or “us” substitute your own name Hans. Let’s see how it sounds?
– Write down some things about your old self that caused it to deserver death Hans.
- Well Francois I think most of us men struggle with lust.
- · Then there is lying about our spiritual condition.
- · Then there is worldliness, just living for money and not to make disciples.
- · Well my relationship with God consisted of 5 minutes a day, 1/96 of my day and I would have only spend 3 days of the whole year with God. Not really a relationship hey?
- · I think just ritual sin. Being lazy, being religious but not righteous.
– God has made you a “new self”. How do you need to express your new self to others?
- By living according to God’s will.
- Love God with all of my heart soul and mind. (Mat 22:36-38)
- My worth does not come anymore from my possessions or people’s opinions about me, but the mere fact that Jesus found me worthy to die for me on the cross. I am His prized possession.
- Because I’m prized I need to make sure that I get to heaven Francois.
- Next, I will only love my neighbor as much as I love myself. (Mat 22:34-40)
How will they know you are new?
How do you specifically plan today to put v.13 into practice?
- ;We know Francois that when we said, “Jesus is Lord” we decided to be in a battle with our sinful nature to do God’s will.
- Well we all know for example that if you lust without limit it leads to either prematital sex, adultery or masturbation. None of these bring glory to God or make us righteous.
- I think the first thing to do Francois is to strive to have a pure heart before God. I know it sounds far fetched, but God will help me to attain it, if he calls me to it. I will not be “tempted beyond what you can bear“
- If the scripture says every part of you, that will mean mind, body and soul.
- So we covered the mind leading to the body.
- Your soul, is it right before God? When you die today are you ready to be reunited with God? Or is some worldly stuff witholding you from living wholeheartedly for God?
– Well Hans new stuff can always be exiting but also scary?
- Yes Francois that is true, but if we see the benefits of it, it is worth all the more.
- You can always see the face of someone who is on a quest for God, it like Moses, your face will gleam.
– Great Hans, will you close us out with prayer.
- Morning Father.
- Thanks you for a great new day with endless possibilities.
- Me doing sales you can really see everybody is serious about the corona virus, with me having to fill in a form at most of the companies I visited.
- Father I can choose to live in the fake world or the real world like Jim Carrey in the movie.
- Help me to accept the truth and live by it.
- How can I live in sin and expect to get more grace Lord?
- If I truly have faith, I will do your will.
- God I know that the fruits of the Spirit will be evident in my life.
- Help me to make the righteous choices in my life.