1. The Movie:
2. Quotes from the Movie:
I think this is a good illustration of our what our attitude in life should be, one of serving other people for their benefit. The mere fact that Kevin and Helen won an academy award because of this movie just shows that the message really resonated with peoples hearts. What really struck me as well as the plan that Haley had, pretty much like making disciples like a compound interest principle. One reach out to three, the three on their part reach out to three and so on and so on. Mat 28:18-20. The good message attitude to “Pay it Forward”. Disciples makes disciples, makes disciples.
3. The Bible Scriptures:
Let’s see what the Bible has to say:
14 Do everything without complaining and arguing, 15 so that no one can criticize you. Live clean, innocent lives as children of God, shining like bright lights in a world full of crooked and perverse people. – Phil 2:14-15
7 But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ. 8 Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ 9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith— 10 that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11 that by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead – Phil 3:7-11
11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength – Phil 4:11-13
– As you are read the scriptures, write down what you think the passages has to do with putting off the old self and putting on the new.
- Francois this is tough; do everything without complaining or arguing. Man that is a challenge!!!
- Wow a clean innocent life, sounds good to me.
- I question myself Francois is if I consider everything rubbish in comparison of gaining Christ, a real tall order.
- Gaining a righteousness that is by faith and not the law.
- I need to know the power of Jesus’ resurrection.
- Share in His sufferings, so that means this life of being blessed by money is not the life Jesus planned for me.
- So if I am not complaining or arguing I will be rejoicing always.
- Ok Francois, so content in every circumstance. That means I do not base my joy on my circumstances.
- I need to learn the secret to be content in every situation.
- If I feel weak I need to depend on God’s strength.
– Write a response to the following statement Hans: “In Jesus Christ we have all we need to maintain a great attitude.” True or false?
- True definately.
– Why or why not?
- I am thinking, If God is not enough for me, what will be enough for me?
- If I accept suffering like Jesus did I will always have a good attitude.
- If I consider everything rubbish in comparison than knowing Christ I will be happy.
What do these passages have to do with having a great attitude?
- My peace I will only find in Jesus in this world.
- It is like the cheesy answer the contestants give in the Miss World content. “I want world peace”. World peace can only be found in Jesus.
- Jesus warns us Francois that we will have trouble, but Jesus is still the victor in the end.
- Wow God works for my good even when I have trouble, that is a hard one. Amazing that it says “God works” for my good, really special.
- Trials is a testing of my faith and I need to have pure joy about it.
- There is an end goal to trials; maturity and not lacking anything.
- We have to persevere through trials and perseverance must finish it’s work.
What will be the effect on others when you allow God to give you a great attitude in all circumstances?
- Francois I will be a light in a dark place.
- People will ask me how can I be so positive in such desperate times.
- I will deal with trouble in a much better way without sulking.
- That is true Francois. I just never thought that I should be joyful in trouble.
– Great Hans, will you pray to close us out.
- Good evening Father.
- The corona virus pandemic can really make you depro if your focus is not right.
- Lord losing hope drives people to commit suicide or take up the bottle, drug or other self distructing things.
- All we need is someone to love us and believe in us that we can overcome our weaknesses.
- Sometimes we loose hope God that we can change.
- I know God if I just focus on myself I will become all consumed and not be happy.
- To love other people gives us purpose in life.
- Love is patient and kind, that is what we all need.
- Lord we do not want people to feel sorry for us and sometimes we are too prideful to ask for help.
- Doing something for someone else Lord might not be a big thing for me but huge for them.
- Lord help me to have a positive outlook on trouble that it is testing my faith and developing perseverance in me to make me mature and complete in Your site.
- Lord I know that having a Godly positive attitude will impact people for your kingdom.