16 As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. 17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”
Jesus Is Tested in the Wilderness
4 Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil.
- He was led by the Spirit to be tempted by the devil.
- So satan will always be in the background when something good happens to you.
- I should expect satan to either attack me through my friends, like he did through Peter one of the twelve.
- I should expect him to attack me through my family like he did it through Mary and Jesus’ brothers.
- Satan wanted Him to doubt his relationship with the Father.
- He wanted Jesus to do things to prove that He was God.
- He even misquoted scripture to get Jesus to prove himself.
- Satan wants us to test God if He will perform according to the scriptures making Him our puppet.
- Satan will also tempt us with riches and power, thereby worship him.
- Was I really saved seeing that I get tempted with the same sin that was my weakness before?
- Will God really take care of my life if I follow Him wholeheartedly?
- I will loose all my worldly friends and my family.
- To be able to resist satan you have to know how he tempts you.
- To be able to defend yourself against the enemy when I was in the army you have to know your enemy and how he will want to attack you. It is like you know the house you live in. You know where the weak points are where a burglar would want to break in so you prepare yourself for when that burglar might try to attack or rob you. It is the same with satan, you need to know which pressure points he will push to get you to reach. It is the same with lions, they first spook the herd to see who is not allert but unaware of the danger.
- Morning Lord.
- Thank you for this beautiful morning!
- Thank you that you saved me completely.
- Father I know with the Holy Spirit leading me I will be overcome sin.
- Help me to be open with my struggles so other people can encourage me as well.
If you want to deepen your relationship with God and study the Bible on Zoom or in person please contact me on Whatsapp +27 79 481 8989 Love in Christ, Francois.