Soldier: A person who serves in an army.
Athlete: A person who is proficient in sports and other forms of physical exercise.
Farmer: A person who owns or manages a farm.
0. Review of Yesterdays study:
- What is Paul’s response to each of the popular proverbs?
- Why must discipline make the decision to “not be mastered by anything”? What will be the result if we do not?
- What in your life right now is “mastering you” or threatens to “master you”?
1. The Bible Scriptures:
– Let’s see what the Bible has to say about discipline John:
2 You then, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. 2 And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable people who will also be qualified to teach others. 3 Join with me in suffering, like a good soldier of Christ Jesus. 4 No one serving as a soldier gets entangled in civilian affairs, but rather tries to please his commanding officer. 5 Similarly, anyone who competes as an athlete does not receive the victor’s crown except by competing according to the rules.6 The hardworking farmer should be the first to receive a share of the crops. 7 Reflect on what I am saying, for the Lord will give you insight into all this
2 Tim 2:1-7
- Francois a good soldier.
- An athlete.
- The hardworking farmer.
- He gets up early to get ready for the day.
- He does his physical exercises in the morning.
- Francois he cleans his room in the morning.
- He marches and learns to walk in unison with the rest of the platoon.
- He go to classes to learn how to be a better soldier and to know the enemy.
- He goes for shooting practise to learn to shoot at the enemy.
- He goes for long walks to make sure he can trek to do patrols and recon missions.
- He stands guard to protect his fellow soldiers.
- He learns to casavac his fellow soldiers to safety when they get injured.
- Does not get entangled in civilian affairs.
- Joins in the suffering.
- Tries to please his commanding officer.
- He needs to be strong to fight in the battle.
- He need to travel to the battle lines to engage in the fight.
- He normally camps out in the middle of nowhere on the battle lines.
- Being a soldier is not a comfortable life.
- Be consistent in my prayer and reading the Bible.
- I need to be diligent with my running in the morning even if it means I must go later because of the cold.
- I need to make sure the bed is made in the morning.
- Well the one guy said cleanliness is close to Godliness.
- I must keep up with my brothers ito my work, I need to work together as a unit.
- I must look at how I can make the Bibletalk a better unit working together in unity.
- I need to have a plan how to practise being a better disciple.
- I need to practise studying the Bible with people on a daily basis.
- I need to walk the extra mile with my brothers and sisters.
- I need to follow up on my different brothers to see how they are doing, to guard the kingdom.
- I need to learn to counsel people back to God who wants to fall away.
- My hard work as a soldier for Christ will bring suffering and I should not run away from it trying to be comfortable I should expect suffering and not be surprized by it.
- My Bible talk leader is my commanding officer and I must try to please him at the best of my ability.
- I need to prep in the morning ready to do battle and expect that satan will try to attack me today.
- I need to have a plan to engage in battle every day to fight every different enemy.
- Helping to defend God’s country will take me to places I do not necessarily want to go.
- I should expect to be uncomfortable fighting the battle.
- Francois he has a good diet that would build up his body and muscles helping him to perform.
- An athlete has to practise every day to train his muscles.
- He does long runs to get his fitness up and heart to be able to take the strain of a strenuous performance.
- He practises short burst of running to enhance his acceleration.
- He competes using the rules.
- He needs to be strong to compete and wins.
- I need to eat healthy.
- I need a good spiritual diet in the morning studying my Bible.
- I need to train my spiritual muscles every day.
- I need long spiritual runs in the morning to make sure I am spiritually fit.
- I need to set up some campaign for myself to reach out to the lost.
- I need to know what my boundaries are ito rules for spiritual growth and being a great disciple.
- I should give it all my effort to win the race spiritually.
- He also starts his day early Francois.
- He has to feed his animals in the morning.
- He plows the field and have to remove any weeds that might impact on the crop.
- He has to service his tractors to make sure they are in working order.
- He sows the seed and have to water it every day.
- He has to make sure his animals are safe in the evenings.
- He receives the first of his crops.
- He needs to be strong to work hard in God’s vineyard.
- I think a farmer makes a nice breakfast for himself with eggs, bacon, lamb chops and pap with nice gravy.
- Encourage disciples in the morning and evening making sure they are fed spiritually.
- We plough our fields by doing great Bible study in the morning and confess our sins to get rid of the weeds in our fields.
- What is stifling my spiritual growth in any sense, what sin?
- What excuses do I make for myself not to perform at 100%?
- It is not about the results I am getting but the seeds that I sow!
- I need to water those seeds I plant daily by sending guys I study the Bible with verses to encourage them.
– John man this is an intense study. If I going to take this to heart it will change my effectiveness for God in a big way.
- I totally agree Francois
- My pleasure, Francois.
- Good Morning Father.
- Such a great new day to praise your Holy name.
- What an amaizing analogy to immitate a soldier, athlete and farmer spiritually.
- Lord help me to be a soldier by being a warrior, we all like. The hero who saves the day and spiritually help save people.
- Lord I can still remember practising long distance running at school. There is endurance and just keep going although your body feel like it wants to give up. Same way I need to have endurance as a disciple and keep the end goal in mind which is eternal life in heaven although we walk with God every day.
- Lord I love visiting farms. My grandfather was a farmer so farming is very close to home with my dad farming when he retired. A saying I can remember Father is that my dad used to say he kept farming closer and closer to home.
- Farms is exiting Dad because we used drive motorbikes and tractors starting the diesel generator. Sit on the hill and pray overlooking the farm.
- If I think of farms it is about things growing dad and so things need to grow in my life spiritually, my relationship with my wife, children, friends, family and my spiritual family as well. Also grow in my discipleship, loving and helping people to grow closer to God and in the end become disciples, because Jesus you called us to make disciple of all nations.
- Lord help me to immitate the soldier, athlete and farmer.
- If you would like to study the Bible and learn more, get a mentor, please feel free to contact me by whatsapp me +27 79 481 8989. Join our find your greatness meetup group.