Read Time:3 Minute, 4 Second
"14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? 20 You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless? 24 You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone. 26 As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead." - James 2:14,20,24 & 26
- Well I think verse 20 is clear when it comes to that, God calls you a fool if your actions do not go with your faith.
- The question is; do you want to be a fool in God’s eyes?
- So acquittal only happens when your faith is accompanied by your actions in verse 24.
- So God says in verse 26 that if you rely only on your faith and do not prove your faith by deeds, then you are like a dead body.
- You have a dead faith if your faith does not go over into deeds.
- Well one of them will be to become a disciple of Jesus, because that is what He wants us all to be. (Mat 28:18-20)
- If you become a disciple of Jesus, you will love people who are not saved and want to help them become disciples. (1 Tim 2:4)
- You will become a fisher of men like the first disciples who followed Jesus. (Mark 1:17)
- Am I going to base my faith just on belief or will I put it into practise?
- Am I going to become a disciple of Jesus? Am I going to be the disciple Jesus wants me to be?
- How can I live out my faith practically every day? How about the three D’s.
- Daily Maintenance: Daily Bible Study, Prayer, pretty much my relationship with God.
- Daily Ministry: How can I encourage my brothers / sisters in God church?
- Daily Mission: Reaching out to the lost and sharing my faith.
- Am I going to become a fisher of men?
- Do I study the Bible with people to help them become disciples?
- Do I know how to help people to become disciples?
- If you want to learn more about being a disciple, please send me a Whatsapp +27 79 481 8989.
Other Parts in this Series: