Approach is to come near or nearer to (someone or something) in distance or time. Confidence is the feeling or belief that one can have faith in or rely on someone.
0. Review of Yesterdays study:
– Hans what can you remember of yesterday’s study?
1. The Bible Scriptures:
- That used to be my dad who passed away. He would ask you 20 questions like any typical engineer would but he will always give you his honest opinion. Now I can ask my friend Jacques who is also an engineer (smile).
- Also my friend Nick who will listen with and open mind and try to simplify my complex answer to the question with a KISS (keep it simple, stupid) solution.
- Dr. Andrew Smellie will listen with endearment and compassion and give you some scriptures to encourage you to be close to God and have a spiritual perspective on your life.
– Let’s see what the Bible has to say about approaching God with confidence Hans:
10 His intent was that now, through the church, the manifold wisdom of God should be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms, 11 according to his eternal purpose that he accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord. 12 In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence.
Jesus the Great High Priest
14 Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. 15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin. 16 Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.
- Francois God does not want me to grovel, His Son Jesus already paid the price for my sin.
- It is like someone adopting you as his son / daughter with full son / daughter rights and priveledges and you still act as an unworthy orphant.
- If you still think you approach God on your own merit, yes then you might still grovel, but if you approach God with the mindset that you do it through Christ then you will be confident.
- If you understand and believe that grace is an unmerited gift (something that God wants to give you if you do his will) and not something you earn; your attitude and mindset will change.
- Wow Francois, I can approach God with freedom. God allows me to be who He created me to be with my talents, gift but also my hangups. (smile)
- When I listen to Josh Groban’s Christmas music (video at the bottom of this post) I think of one day that I will sing with the angels in heaven to God.
- I know Jesus can relate with me in every way, because He has been tempted in every way just as I am and is not oblivious to my struggles.
- I need to remember it is a throne of grace, not punishment if I was baptized into as disciple in Christ.
- Francois because I am doing God’s will every day and live in a live relationship with Jesus, the Father and the Holy Spirit not just on Sundays.
- I realize it is not my good deeds that will save me because I was saved by Jesus already at baptism.
- I was made into a disciple of Christ (Mat 28:18-20), repented of my sin (Acts 2:38), got baptized for the forgiveness of my sin and received the indwelling Holy Spirit.
- Realizing that God wants me to be His best friend. (Jn 15:15)
– Hans after this study I hope you feel confident to approach God.
- Yes Francois it is amazing that I learned to approaching God with confidence not out of guilt or with grovelling.
- I will Francois.
- Father thank you that I can approach you with confidence through Your Son and not have to grovel.
- I don’t have to fear any more but walk in confidence.
- Thank you that Your throne is a throne of mercy and grace.
- Father help me to live with a thankful heart of what you did for me at the cross.
- Jesus thank you that You want to be my friend!
– So Hans what are some practicals here to end up a approaching people and God with confidence.
- Decide today that you want to follow God wholeheartedly!
- Make the Bible the standard for your life and to repent of sin that does not honor God.
- Decide to not live in guilt and self pity any more and get open to a trusted friend to confess your sin.
- If you haven’t become a disciple yet, start studying it out.
- Contact me! Just leave a reply at the bottom. All replies are confidential until it gets approved by me. Which I will keep confidential. Looking forward to hear from you!!!