Verse for Today:
This is what Isaiah son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem:
2 In the last days the mountain of the Lord’s temple will be established as chief among the mountains; it will be raised above the hills, and all nations will stream to it.
3 Many peoples will come and say, “Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob. He will teach us his ways, so that we may walk in his paths.” The law will go out from Zion, the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.
4 He will judge between the nations and will settle disputes for many peoples. They will beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. – Is 2:1-4
The Kingdom has always been a fascinating topic. When is the Kingdom of God coming? Will there be a big war? What does it take to be part of God’s Kingdom? There is talk of a golden city, whose streets are made of gold. Will it be like paradise? Is there pearly gates that I have to go through? Will the angels be there as well? So many things to ponder.
We will be Inspector Clouseau in this quest to find out:
- What the kingdom of God is?
- How do I enter it?
- When did it come or is it still to come?
In the series we will look at:
1. Old Testament Predictions of the Kingdom.
2. New Testament Predictions of the Kingdom.
3. Fulfillment of the Old and New Testament Predictions.
Lets start with the first clues.
Clues to the Coming of the Kingdom: (750 B.C.)
- Clue 1: The coming will be in the Last days (Happen in the)(v2)
- Clue 2: Mountains (Symbolizes kingdoms): Mountain of the Lord, chief of the mountains (v2)
- Clue 3: All nations (Will be present) (v3)
- Clue 4: Jerusalem (It will go out from)(v3)
- Clue 5: People’s lifes would change for the better (v4)
Prayer for today:
Lord how amazing to think about your kingdom. How glorious it would be. Wondering if I will spend eternity there? Help me just to find out more and make I get in there.
Next Study – Page 2 of 2