Don’t we all love that song, “Don’t worry, be happy” by Bobby McFerrin – See video
It just don’t have a nice vibe, but the words is so applicable to our daily lives and also has a spiritual significance.
- To feel uneasy or concerned about something; be troubled.
- To cause to feel anxious, distressed, or troubled.
So what do we normally worry about?
- Our jobs.
- Our kids.
- Not being happy.
- Not having peace.
- Not having a purpose in life.
- Not leaving a legacy.
Let’s look at what the most famous person in the world said. Healed people, created food, walked on water, brought people back from the dead, his words was recorded are written down although He wrote none, compassion, dying, rising from the dead, called God by men, forgiving sins & called the Messiah (Saviour). Let’s hear what He has to say.
““Therefore I tell you, stop being worried or anxious (perpetually uneasy, distracted) about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, as to what you will wear. Is life not more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air; they neither sow [seed] nor reap [the harvest] nor gather [the crops] into barns, and yet your heavenly Father keeps feeding them. Are you not worth much more than they? And who of you by worrying can add one hour to [the length of] his life? And why are you worried about clothes? See how the lilies and wildflowers of the field grow; they do not labor nor do they spin [wool to make clothing], yet I say to you that not even Solomon in all his glory and splendor dressed himself like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive and green today and tomorrow is [cut and] thrown [as fuel] into the furnace, will He not much more clothe you? You of little faith! Therefore do not worry or be anxious (perpetually uneasy, distracted), saying, ‘What are we going to eat?’ or ‘What are we going to drink?’ or ‘What are we going to wear?’ For the [pagan] Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; [but do not worry,] for your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But first and most importantly seek (aim at, strive after) His kingdom and His righteousness [His way of doing and being right–the attitude and character of God], and all these things will be given to you also. “So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
MATTHEW 6:25-34 AMP
What do you learn from this? …
Have you ever see a bird worrying? We think it frivolous. I think that is what we are like when we worry.
Have you ever thought that you are a infidel by worrying?
Do you believe that God cares about you. Can’t a God who is all powerful take take of you because He loves you. They say worry is practical athiesm.
So if we should not worry, what should we do?
Seek first His kingdom not yours. That might be the reason we worry. That is not all, we should seek His righteousness, meaning being right with God.
So what is the solution for us not to worry; put our trust in God and make His family our first priority.
Ready to let go of the following disorders?
Difficulty swallowing, Dizziness, Dry mouth, Fast heartbeat, Fatigue, Headaches, Inability to concentrate, Irritabilit, Muscle aches, Muscle tension, Nausea, Nervous energy, Rapid breathing, Shortness of breath, Sweating, Trembling and twitching, Suppression of the immune system, Digestive disorders, Muscle tension, Short-term memory loss, Premature coronary artery disease, Heart attack, detramental appetite, bad lifestyle habits, damaged relationships, divorce, murder, suicide, sleeplessness, bad job performance, generalized anxiety disorder, panic disorder and social anxiety.
Do you seek relief in harmful lifestyle habits such as overeating, cigarette smoking, or using alcohol and drugs.
- What do they say worrying is like? Van Wilder said: “Worry is like a rocking chair: it gives you something to do but never gets you anywhere!”
- My dad taught me there is an X & Y approach. First your write down all the stuff that you worry about, we are normally good with that. Then in the next column you write how you can fix it. You see the worry immobalizes you, the practicals fixing it is the solution and you just need to be disciplined in keeping plugging away at it. Worrying is going to do nada for you, but working on your worries will.
- There is another scripture that comes to mind: “6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” – Phil 4:6-7
- So the question is how much are your praying through your situation? The verse almost depicts different levels of prayer.
- Ok prayers we all might do that.
- Next level – Petitions. You have seen the guys in the news making placades and walking in circles to petition a certain cause. You take time off work, you mobilize your buddies and you make sure you are heard by the officials, isn’t it?
- Next level – Do you thank God that He has sorted out the problem already, it is just a matter of time.
- See when you put your problems in God’s hands you do not have to worry about it any more because the peace of God which transcends ALL understanding will guard your heart & mind. So that mean my feelings and my thoughts.
- I would think if you do not have peace yet (your feelings and throughts), you need to pray more not less.
- Another scripture comes to mind: “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.” – 1 Pet 5:7
- So you know when you get that monkey off your back like in the Nando’s adds.
- You need to throw it all off on God, meaning it is not your problem any more but God’s; that will change things in His timing.
- Now there is another point here worthy of mentioning, it says: “because He cares for you.” That’s right God cares for me.
- That is the first thing we bring before God that He does not care about us, isn’t it? So if God says He cares are you going to believe Him?