“But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do.” – James 1:6-8 NIV
Q1. Do you believe God will answer ur prayers ?
- The problem is that these guys prayed but had no expectation !!!
- Do you petition before God to answer you ?
“You desire but do not have, so you kill. You covet but you cannot get what you want, so you quarrel and fight. You do not have because you do not ask God. When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.” – James 4:2-3 Niv
Q2. Do you ask God for the things you need ?
Q3. Is your prayers selfish, asking God for pleasurables ?
- God will not answer those prayers.
“Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers.” – 1 Peter 3:7 NIV
Q4. How considerate am I with my wife ?
- When I make plans I take her into condideration.
- I value how she feels.
- I know we guys try to fix everything, bite ur tongue and listen and empathise. Ur wife knows what to do already. ?
Q5. Is her needs mine also ?
- Do you know what they are ?
Q6. Am I respecting my wife as the weaker partner ?
- Many a time we want to win the argument.
- We cannot expect them to operate as we do.
- Be that knight in shining armor for her !!! ??
“Your fasting ends in quarreling and strife, and in striking each other with wicked fists. You cannot fast as you do today and expect your voice to be heard on high. Is it not to share your food with the hungry and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter— when you see the naked, to clothe them, and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood? Then you will call, and the Lord will answer; you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I. “If you do away with the yoke of oppression, with the pointing finger and malicious talk,” – Isaiah 58:4, 7, 9 NIV
Q7. I am talking to myself here, how’s your actions towards taking care of the poor ?
- Non existant.
- Giving to guys at the robot.
- Have a plan of action to serve on a regular basis.
- Have you bought a homeless person a meal, sit with them and talked and shared the gospel with them ?
“This is what the Lord says to Israel: “Seek me and live; There are those who turn justice into bitterness and cast righteousness to the ground. There are those who hate the one who upholds justice in court and detest the one who tells the truth. For I know how many are your offenses and how great your sins. There are those who oppress the innocent and take bribes and deprive the poor of justice in the courts. Seek good, not evil, that you may live. Then the Lord God Almighty will be with you, just as you say he is. Hate evil, love good; maintain justice in the courts. Perhaps the Lord God Almighty will have mercy on the remnant of Joseph. “I hate, I despise your religious festivals; your assemblies are a stench to me. Away with the noise of your songs! I will not listen to the music of your harps.” – Amos 5:4, 7, 10, 12, 14-15, 21, 23 NIV
Q8. Am I seeking God ?
- Then I will live
Q9. Do I uphold justice and the truth ?
Q10. Is my life full of sin ?
- When is the last time you confessed ur sin to get healing ? Jms 5:16
Q11. Are you oppressing people and taking bribes ?
Q12. Are you seeking good, not evil? What does ur plans look like ?
Q13. How does God feel about your worship ?
- He hates it, it is like the stench of garbage
- Your singing is like noise, most probably like a neighbour having a party next door
So what is the answer ?
Just repent !!!