These broad yet compelling features of Introducting God reveal Him as the author of creation and the caring, involved guide for our journey through life to eternity.
1. God’s Creativity (Genesis 1:1-27)
a. God’s creativity is revealed in the heavens and the earth (the sun, stars, skies, weather, land formations, oceans, gravity, plants, animals, colors, shapes, etc.).
b. God’s creativity is revealed in the creatures of the sea (compare star formations and the ½ inch seahorse).
c. God’s creativity is revealed in human beings (our diversity and ability to be creative).
2. God’s Glory (Psalm 19:1-6)
a. The creation shouts a message of an intelligent creator who cannot be ignored.
b. The creation tells us of God’s majestic qualities.
3. God’s Engineering (Job 39:13-18)
a. Consider an ostrich who lays her eggs in the open ground. She lacks wisdom to protect her young, yet her offspring survive.
b. Consider the defensive abilities of other creatures or the human eye.
4. God’s Vastness (Psalm 8:3-5)
a. Consider the immensity of God’s work in the creation? It is estimated that more than 100 billion galaxies exist (See Appendix: The Vast Universe)? It is very humbling that God focuses on us and cares for us, even though we are seemingly insignificant.
5. God’s Omnipresence (Hebrews 4:12-13)
a. Omnipresence means that God is present everywhere, even when we were in our mother’s womb (Psalm 139:13-16).
b. The all-seeing eye of God reveals everything, both good and bad (Hebrews 4:13).
c. We can’t run or hide from God; we will one day have to give an account to this great God.
6. God’s Love (1 John 4:7-10)
a. God displayed His love for us by providing the ultimate gift of Jesus.
b. God’s love is consistent, selfless and in no way manipulative.
c. What are your own thoughts about these amazing traits?
d. What do you think and feel about God?
- Seeking God – What do you want in life?
- Check out this site to put things into perspective – http://htwins.net/scale2/
- Exodus 3:1-14 — God’s Name
- 1 John 1:5-7 — God is Light
- 1 Peter 1:15-16 — God is Holy
- Romans 2:4 — God is Kind
- Romans 11:22 — God is Stern
- Acts 17:24-31 — God is Purposeful