Success as does failure is a process.
What you become is a result of what you do today.
In a way you are preparing for something tomorrow by working at it today.
Good Descisions – Daily Discipline = A Plan without a Payoff
Daily Discipline – Good Descisions = Regimentation without Reward
Good Descisions – Good Discipline = A Masterpiece of Potential
What is my attitude / goal / strategy in life for today ?
What do I work on daily ? What expectation do I have for my life on a daily basis ?
What do I want to achieve in my life on a daily basis ?
I will give to each person according to what they have done – Jesus (Rev 22:12-13)
So what you do today matters for eternity.
“Brothers, what we do in life, echoes in eternity” – Maximus (The movie Gladiator)
Are you saved according to the Bible’s “recipe” ? Do you know what it is ? Do you want to be saved for eternity or did life evolve out of a soup for you ?
Let’s have a look at what the Bible says about daily activities ?
1. “And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.” – Acts 2:47 NIV
So the church in Jerusalem had daily baptism !!! Wow have you seen that happen in your church lately ? Seems impossible ? That should be the goal of our church where we worship. The question you should ask yourself, if you are a christian is: What matters in the end ? Am I going to heaven and who is going with me !!! Does it matter to me who gets saved for eternity ? Does that have an impact on my daily schedule ?
2. “Give us today our daily bread.” – Matthew 6:11 NIV
Do you pray on a daily basis ? How is your prayer life ? I watched a documentary on James, Jesus’ brother the other day on Netflix. They say he had callouses on his knees of praying so frequently. That really challenged me. How much and often do I pray. Do you pray continually (1 Thes 5:17) ?
3. “As soon as it was night, the believers sent Paul and Silas away to Berea. On arriving there, they went to the Jewish synagogue. Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true. As a result, many of them believed, as did also a number of prominent Greek women and many Greek men.” – Acts 17:10-12 NIV
Study the scriptures daily in searching out God’s will for my life. Are you a noble man / women in God’s sight ? If your life / eternity depends on it; will you study the manual ? Does the Bible spell something for you ? (I know it sounds cheesy)
B – Basic
I – Instruction
B – Before
L – Leaving
E – Earth
Do you know what the instruction book says ? Godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come (1 Tim 4:8).
4. “Day after day, in the temple courts and from house to house, they never stopped teaching and proclaiming the good news that Jesus is the Messiah.” – Acts 5:42 NIV
Daily proclaim the good news. Remember not to make it an invite to church but proclaiming the good news (Jesus is the Messiah) (1 Cor 15:1-5). You can then tell them about the church and that we are about going back to first century christianity. A good question to ask someone; “Have you heard the good news ?”. It is always a good opener to talk about God. We are so accustomed to bad news we see in the news, paper and on facebook. Study the Bible with people in a public place, it helps to invite people afterwards cause they are curious.
5. “See to it, brothers and sisters, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called “Today,” so that none of you may be hardened by sinʼs deceitfulness.” – Hebrews 3:12 – 13 NIV
We have an obligation to encourage our brothers daily to ensure that their hearts does not become sinful.
It becomes quite evident that being a Christian means giving your whole life to Christ seven days a week, twenty four hours a day. Jesus put it this way, ” If any man would come after melet him deny himself, take up his cross daily, and follow me.” (Luk 9:23) Let us daily strive to do God’s will, and in time a church will be built that has people being added to the kingdom daily !
Excerpts from Make today Count – John Maxwell, Christian Daily – Kip McKean