Master / Slave : A man who has people working for him, especially servants or slaves. A man in charge of an organization or group. A person who is the legal property of another and is forced to obey them.
0. Review of Yesterdays study:
- What is your excess baggage you need to get rid of?
- I must remember I cannot take anything out of this world except souls won for God.
- Do I love God or money?
1. The Bible Scriptures:
– As you read John keep in mind that “everything is permissible for me” and “food for the stomach and the stomach for food” were popular proverbs of the loose-living Corinthian culture that these Christians were living in.
– Let’s see what the Bible has to say about discipline John:
9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed,you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.
12 “I have the right to do anything,” you say—but not everything is beneficial. “I have the right to do anything”—but I will not be mastered by anything. 13 You say, “Food for the stomach and the stomach for food, and God will destroy them both.” The body, however, is not meant for sexual immorality but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body. 14 By his power God raised the Lord from the dead, and he will raise us also. 15 Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ himself? Shall I then take the members of Christ and unite them with a prostitute? Never! 16 Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, “The two will become one flesh. 17 But whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit.
18 Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body. 19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.
- Having a right to do anything does not mean that anything will help you live the life God planned for you Francois.
- What is natural to people does not mean that is not sin, it depends in the circumstances that you apply that natural instinct.
- There is more that the physical action that happens when you have sex, there is an emotional and spiritual phenomenon as well.
- We can choose to do what is right Francois.
- If you say that I am only human when I sin it means you have no self control.
- You say that you are a slave to your feelings and impulses.
- Why don’t you hit your boss at work when he gives you a had time, you see that you do have a choice if it is important to you what the effect of your actions will have.
- If I am mastered by anything that means I will take everything that satan throws my way and I will have no control over my life.
- Lazyness is always a battle you have to fight daily Francois.
- If one has no goals there is nothing that inspires you to live wholeheartedly for God.
- The mere fact that Paul mentions immorality here that is always a threat.
- But to take it even further is what leads to you being immoral is lust.
- “If your right eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell.” – Mat 5:29
- So here Jesus says that if your eye causes you to sin you must gouge it out, man that is intenseee!!!
- Jesus see the the things that cause us to sin in a very important light and as bad news.
– John make a time to pray with someone about this, this week.
- Yes I will definately Francois
- My pleasure, Francois.
- Morning Dad.
- Thank you for seasons on earth and seasons in our lives.
- Each has it’s glorious moments but also moments of suffering under our own sin or the sin of the world.
- Father I know I concor over these things by my faith and letting go of the baggage whether it be unforgiveness losing hope because other people did not treat us the way we should be treated.
- I believe what Paul said about letting go is so powerful: “But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead” It is the one thing he does. Father I need to examine what is that one thing I do in my life.
- Is that one thing bringing me closer to you or pulling my back.
- If you would like to study the Bible and learn more, get a mentor, please feel free to contact me by whatsapp me +27 79 481 8989. Join our find your greatness meetup group.