But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God — 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them. – 2 Tim 3:1-5
Watching that movie Armageddon was really intense. Will they save the world from the next ice age to hit the earth? When something is about to end it really matters what you have been doing in the process between the start and end. Many religions have an end of day scenario.
The Bible depicts it as not a nice time. To see what it is really about we will apply the AB thinking to compare the two.
Terrible – Good
- Lover of Yourself – Lover of God
- Lovers of Money – Lover of People
- Boatful about themselves – Boast in God
- Proud about themselves – Proud about God
- Abusive – Encouraging
- Disobedient to their parents – Obedient to their parents
- Ungrateful – Grateful
- Unholy – Set apart for God
- Without Love – Loving
- Unforgiving – Forgiving peoples hurting you
- Slanderous – Complimenting people
- Without self control – Self Control
- Brutal – Gentle
- Not Lovers of the Good – Lover of the Good
- Treacherous – Honest
- Rash – Thoughtful
- Conceited – Humble
- Lovers of Pressure – Lovers of God
- Form of Godliness – Powerful walk with God
On which side do you find yourself mostly today? If you look at the world we can say we live in the last days.
In the end it says have nothing to do with the terrible side.
Prayer for Today:
Lord in the end it is a choice about the good or the terrible. Your choices will determine on which side you are on. Lord help me to choose you rather than the world. Amen.
Next Study – Page 5 of 7