To be close to God? Noooo!
It is money, money, money…
It is that famous line in Jerry Maguire movie – “Show me the money”
Steven R Covey said: “If the ladder is not leaning against the right wall, every step we take just gets us to the wrong place faster.”
But if living for money is what you are all about, it is a bit shallow.
The question you need to ask yourself is, do you believe in eternity?
Will your money help you there or what will?
Let’s see what Peter says.
18 For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit, 19 through whom also he went and preached to the spirits in prison 20 who disobeyed long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water, 21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also — not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a good conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ. – 1 Peter 3:18-21
It says that baptism does save you through the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Why does baptism save you, is the question you should ask yourself!
- Acts 2:38 teaches that sin is forgiven at baptism — one is saved at the point that sin is forgiven.
- Acts 2:38 also teaches that you receive the Holy Spirit at baptism.
- Rom 6:1-5 teaches that you partake in the death, burial and resurrection at baptism.
- Rom 6:4 also tells us that at baptism we are raised to a new life.
- Col 2:8-12 tell us you need to have faith to be raised with Jesus.
- Eph 1:7 tell us that we are saved by Jesus’ blood which we come in contact with spiritually at baptism.
Follow the series about baptism.
Prayer for Today:
Lord morning! Thank you for a new day we can live to praise you. Help me to understand what baptism means. It is amaizing to partake in your death, burial and resurrection at baptism having the faith that you forgive my sin, I receive the Holy Spirit and raise to a new life! Amen.
Next Study – Page 2 of 6