0. Review of Yesterdays study:
– Hans what can you remember of yesterdays study?
- Francois temptation it is common to man.
- God is faithful He wants me to overcome temptation.
- He will not let me be tempted beyond what I can bear, He knows how strong I am spiritually.
- God will provide a way out when I am tempted so I have no excuse to sin.
- Get rid of that sexual sin that kills your soul.
- If we submit ourselves before God Francois, He can work through us.
Perseverance is persistence in doing something despite difficulty or delay in achieving success.
1. The Bible Scriptures:
- Francois you might say I have been down this road so many times and have not been successful.
- I can rationalize my sin and say everybody does it anyway.
– Let’s see what the Bible has to say about itself Hans:
Slaves to Righteousness
15 What then? Shall we sin because we are not under the law but under grace? By no means! 16 Don’t you know that when you offer yourselves to someone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey—whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness?
Present Suffering and Future Glory
18 I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.
7 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. 8 Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. 9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. 10 Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.
7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8 Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.
- If you have never felt like a king, you will receive your crown of righteousness in heaven.
- Why would I let satan win and live as his slave?
- I cannot wait for that glory of an eternal sin free spiritual body to be revealed in me.
- Why would I willing to destroy myself? To use a gruesome example, why would I keep hitting the person that loves me until death?
12 Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.
- It means you are going through a tough time but you stay faithful towards God and out of sin.
- You will end up in heaven.
- You do not give up and decide not to sin.
- Look away in movie scenes that is impure and forward out of the scene.
- When I feel tempted to lust after women whether in the street or on the beach on holiday, I will look away to be not tempted any more.
- Daily discipline to do my Bible study, Prayer and Sharing my Faith with people.
- Confess sin on a temptation level before it turns into real sin.
- It is like a war you are in, if you give up you die and in this case it is spiritually for eternity.
- Giving up means that I have a weak character.
- My life affects other peoples lives directly like my wife and indirectly like my children and extended family and friends.
- I know that God / Jesus loves me enough to give me the strength to overcome my sin.
- Heaven is always a good goal to reach as well.
- If I see how sin destroys people lives that motivates me not to sin.
- The innitial pleasure of sin is not worth my salvation and eternity.
- Be a warrior not a wimp. We all know how we looked down at school on whimps.
- Sin in the end is not fun, it is like playing Russian Roulette and expecting you are going to be lucky every time.
– Hans God wants us to be victors not victims.
- Yes Francois that is really encouraging to know that God stands behind us as our Big brother literary and figuratively speaking to fight sin in our lives.
- I will be honored Francois.
- Morning my Heavenly Father.
- You never gave up on me.
- Help me to have the strength in You to always persevere.
- I know there lays for me an increadible prize in eternity to spend it with you in person.
- Help me to sow spiritual seeds of righteousness and not of sin that kills me physicially, emotionally and spiritually.
- Help me to decide to be a victor with you and not a victim and a slave of my sin and satan.
– So Hans what are some practicals here to end up a successful man.
- Identify my weaknesses / sin.
- Write down what strategies I have followed in the past that did not work for me to overcome my sin.
- Write down some strategies that have worked in the past and keep implimenting them on a daily basis.
- Write down what I have learned from my failings.
- The Bible talks about causes to sin, so write down what causes you to sin and eliminate the causes which evidently will keep you from sin. (Mat 5:30)
- Ask advice from people who are strong in the area of overcoming my weaknesses.