Aimless: without aim or no purpose : not having a goal or purpose
0. Review of Yesterdays study:
- Humility does not mean you are timid, powerless and ill disciplined
- A disciplined person does not make excuses, they take responsibility and makes things work.
- Reading the Bible takes discipline.
- In the end; either you discipline yourself or God will discipline you.
1. The Bible Scriptures:
– Let’s see what the Bible has to say about discipline John:
The Need for Self-Discipline
24 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. 25 Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. 26 Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. – 1 Cor 9:24-26
- I think first of all is a winning attitude, runners wants to get the prize!
- Strict training, they push themselves.
- It is painful but later on it produces results.
- Discipline takes consistency.
- Discipline is a way of life.
- Discipline is not one time thing that we do.
- The purpose of discipline is growth in essence.
- Some projects or issues takes some work and diligence to sort out.
- Lack of inner strength.
- No persistence.
- We would rather do the easy things that are familiar and comfortable.
- Just watching videos and TV all the time.
- You run from discomfort.
- We think we need to be perfect to start.
- You are not motivated.
- You make things difficult for yourself instead of just taking that first step every day.
- Having no goals in your life.
- Not competing to win souls for Christ.
- You are not very intentional about your life.
- The goal is not just the running but winning the race.
- Following your feelings wherever they go.
- Not setting specific goals in my life and measuring if I have achieved it.
- We might not have the attitude to make every effort to enter heaven. (Luk 13:24-26)
- We might think when we said “Jesus is Lord” we have our ticket for heaven, but you forget what Jesus said further: “Why do you call me, ‘Lord,’ Lord and not do what I say?” (Luk 6:46)
- What you want to do is not what the world wants you to do.
- I might not be following through with helping people become disciples, like running a project you can’t lay the foundation and then expect the building to be built by itself. Jesus said: ” Go make disciples” (Mat 28:19)
- Believe you are the winner and run like it.
- If you do not believe or have the ambition to win the race you will not give it your all.
- Appreciate healthy competition and learn from your “opponents” what works and apply it to your race.
- Someone who wants to be their best for God will not worry about the naysayers trying to drag them donwn, they would rather want to please God than giving into the naysayers and pleasing them. Distance yourself from people who pull you down or discourage you.
- Look for people who is running the race flatout and chase them and keep up with them so you can glean some wisdom.
- Get a trainer!!! Go into strict training to win!
- Decide what you want to achieve for God and go after it with all your heart!!!
- Work on your goals every day, like John Maxwell said: “You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret to success is in your daily routine”.
– John now we know that if you want to win the race you better be disciplined and train well and give it your all.
- Yes Francois it helps me to have goals that helps me focus on what is really important in life.
- My pleasure, Francois.
- Morning Dad
- I truly want to run to win the spiritual race that goes one for eternity rather that the worldly material race that only lasts on earth.
- I pray that I will go into strict training every day to be an effective disciple for You.
- I pray that my faith in you will inspire to make every effort to please You.
- Help me to change my daily routine to make sure I win the race.
- If you would like to study the Bible and learn more, get a mentor, please feel free to contact me by whatsapp me +27 79 481 8989. Join our find your greatness meetup group. https://www.meetup.com/find-your-greatness/