I am currently looking for candidates to appoint. What is required? Maybe an introduction letter. Maybe proof of your qualifications. Definately your cv, but is that in a professional format? Do I or do I not include a photo that will look professional?
I placed the adds on social media, free job websites and on recruiters websites. I give you a guess how many cv’s I received? Come onn take a guess!!! Without looking. XCIXI. Ahh you looked ?. So how much is that?
It is one hundred. So if you apply for this job you have 1% chance to stand out and get it.
A few tips I read was:
- Bullet points. People do not want to read an essay any more.
- Short and to the point. You know what the attention span of a person is before they leave your website? Three seconds. So most probably you have 3 seconds in your intro letter to impress them.
- The WIFFM factor. What is in it for me! That is for the employer not for me. What would that person want to see?
- Have a short and long cv. Send the short and long one as well as indicate it on your filename.
- Have a hyperlink to your references (preferably in Excel format) as well as your social media, definately your LinkedIn webpage.
So why all these tips?
There is a certain number of prerequisites that goes with a job. I had a guy applying for a fitter and turner and he worked in a bicycle shop. It just does not fit!!!
Lets look at the prerequisites for getting saved.
Verse for Today:
18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” – Mat 28:18-20
- So first Jesus has all authority. Is it good to listen to him? Yes! (Check mark)
- Ahh go and make disciples. Are you a disciple by default? Noooo! You have to be made one. It is like a pot. You are the lump of clay in the beginning, you have to be formed into the pot! Question is: are you malleable? We had a whole study on that, I suggest you go through it to fully understand it!
I can give you a few hints:
- “Come follow me”
- Deny yourself.
- Take up your cross. Not the one around you neck man. (smile)
- Save your life vs. loosing it.
- Going with your 10 000 men up to face the guy with 20 000.
- Are you ashamed of me?
- Hate your father and mother, wife and children.
- Count the cost before you start to build the tower.
- Give up everything you have.
- Teach us.
- Love one another as I have loved you.
- Jesus’ last words on earth.
Prayer for Today:
Lord I did not know I had to be a disciple to get saved! Help me to understand it! Give me somebody who is a disciple that can teach me to become a disciple! Amen.
Next Study – Page 13 of 13