“Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me–put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.” – Phil 4:9
The Movie – Exodus: Gods and Kings
Hans “Exodus: Gods and Kings” film stars Christian Bale, Joel Edgerton, John Turturro, Aaron Paul, Ben Mendelsohn, Sigourney Weaver, and Ben Kingsley. It is inspired by the biblical episode of The Exodus of the Hebrews from Egypt led by Moses and related in the Book of Exodus. Raised together as brothers–the capable leader, Moses, and Pharaoh Seti’s egotistical biological son, Ramses–will eventually find themselves engaged in a bitter rivalry when Ramses discovers Moses’ Hebrew origin. However, when Egypt’s new Pharaoh, Ramses II, banishes Moses to the unforgiving desert, God assigns him the difficult task of freeing six-hundred-thousand enslaved Israelites and taking them to safety. Now, against the backdrop of pitiless and calamitous plagues, Moses must do God’s will, and lead His long-suffering people across the Red Sea: the last but impregnable obstacle. Can Moses fulfil his destiny?
2. Quotes in the Movie
3. Movie Review
This is a great movie about God’s glory that He showed us.
Faith and Deeds
14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? 15 Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. 16 If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? 17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
24 You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone – James 2:14-17,24
– Ok so Hans what do you learn from this scripture?
- Francois the question that comes to my mind is; how can you prove you have faith if you have no deeds?
- I think it is like someone who claims to be a doctor but have never studied and university or done his practical year. Sound ludricrous hey.
- Francois if I look at the definition for Ludecrous in the Oxford dictionaty it says: “So foolish, unreasonable, or out of place as to be amusing”.
- I would say it is impossible to prove that I have faith, like in v.17 it say it is dead.
- Further in v.24 it says “faith alone” can not stand by itself, it must be accompanied by action.
So what we will try to do here is to review what we have learned and see if we started putting it into practise.
- So Hans, what can you remember of Ps 119:1-2? What did you learn there?
Summary – Seeking God
We are going to review what we have learned:
1. Seeking happiness, peace, love, fulfillment,…. or Seeking God – Part 1 of 8 – Link
2. Do you worry … or do you Seek God? – Part 2 of 8 – Link
3. To an Unknown God …. start by Seeking God – Part 3 of 8 – Link
4. God seeks men … when men are Seeking God – Part 4 of 8 – Link
5. To be Noble you need to Seek God – Part 5 of 8 – Link
6. What is My Hope, Plans & Future? – Part 6 of 8 – Link
7. The Ethiopian’s Quest – Part 7 of 8 – Link
8. “Be an opener of doors” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson – Part 8 of 8 – Link