– Morning my friend.
– My prayer is that you enjoy these studies.
– I have spend countless hours to bring you these studies, I started in 2018.
– Our aim in doing these studies is to draw closer to God and have a great realtionship with Him getting to know Him better.
– I will be studying the Bible with a fictional characters called “Hans” and “Linda” where we will discuss the Bible and it’s meaning to apply it to our lives.
– We are good to go and please enjoy.
– We will start off by asking a few questions we all ask in our lives and through the studies we will endeviour to answer those
- What is the purpose of life Hans?
- Who is God?
- What is love?
- How will I find happiness, peace and fulfillment?
– In essence we all most probably start with seeking stuff out, so today we will begin with our topic of Seeking God.
– Let’s look at a definition, shall we Hans?
– The act of searching and attempt to find for something; “a quest for ???”
- What is your quest in life Hans?
- What are you looking to achieve in life?
Lets look at a verse or two in the most famoust book of all times:
- 6 Billion copies sold.
- Over 40 authors.
- 168 000 Copies is distribted per day.
- The best in the whole world attested book by archaeology, number of copies, eye witness accounts.
– Have you read the this block buster book yet?
– Ok let us start with the first scripture.
– Hans turn your Bible to Psalm 119 and read for us verse one and two thanks.
1 Blessed are those whose ways are blameless,
who walk according to the law of the Lord.
2 Blessed are those who keep his statutes
and seek him with all their heart
– So when you look at this Hans, what do you think does it mean to be blessed? What do you think?
- First, blessed mean happy, very happy or superlative happy.
- Does it mean to be perfect and without sin?
– You know Hans I can never be perfect only Jesus was. Being blamesless means that I am without fault. Example so if I am a driver and I am blameless, it means that I haven’t made any accidents and have moving violations. It does not mean I am sinless. That is different there. When you are without fault.
– How are we blameless, what do we have to do? How do we live this blameless life?
- Francois the next phrase says walking according to the law of the Lord.
- Apparently not from the scriptures.
– Right that is a bold statement right there, incredible bold statement. The Bible is saying there unless you walk and it just does not say know the law of the Lord. It is not enough to know it, you actually have to live it right. A lot of people have Bible knowledge but they are not living it.
– You know what I grew up going to church, but I was not really living and holding to the Bible. So as a result my live was not really right with God because I was not following the truth.
– It goes on to say “Blessed are those who keep his statutes and seek him with two thirst of their heart right?”.
- No Francois it says here with all of their heart.
– Ok sure, I was just making sure you pay attention there.
– Ok so the key thing moving forward is, to seek God with all of our heart, right.
– So previously you said you were seeking money with all of your heart, financial security.
– I can relate, I wanted the black Mercedes but in a lot of ways that was what I worshipped.
– It is interesting the word worship. It actually means “worth”, “ship” the antimology of the word.
– So whenever we really find worthy in our lives is what we put as a priority in our lives, the thing we are to seek first.
– Whenever I read this scripture it reminds me of, do you have any kids Hans?
- Yes I have one kid.
- No, not at all.
– No, that would not be seeking him with all of my heart, right.
– The first thing I will do is run to the front door, tell them to close the doors, red alert. Exactly.
– So in the same way, are we really seeking God with all of our heart or is it just a Sunday thing?
- You know what it is really just a Sunday thing for me at the moment.
- Uhhhh, yeah.
- Well to think of myself, I did not really had someone in my life that teach me and showing me the word.
- Well for me I just put other things first. I told you I want to be rich. I want to have lots of money, that is where my focus is.
- I thinks that is why that is, basically.
So the happiness superior to all others, comes from walking according to the law of the Lord, pretty much obeying the Bible.
Ok now that we have established where happiness comes from. Let’s establish the conditions for it.
Mmmm. A blameless life!!! Wowww who of us can claim that one?
So if we live according to the Bible God says we live a blaimeless life.
Ok second who walks in His laws / testimonies. Ok so obviously there is my law and then there is God’s. Does yours make you happy??? Why are you reading this anyway?
And the last but not the least; seek Him with all, your heart. What do you really love? Soccer, nature, holidays, …? I guess it is like falling in love with that first love of your life. You just can’t get enough of that person!!! Does it say half ur heart? No all of it!!! No 95% or high averagers allowed, only 100% candidates. Real commitment hey? Are you up for it?
Remember happiness is the byproduct not the end goal. 😉 😉
So, is that the way you study your Bible? With all your heart? Some say it is God’s love letter to us. Sounds a bit cheesy? There may be some truth in that! Be one of the famous 6 billion who has a bible and has read it!
Or wait for part 2.
- If you want to take your relationship with God to a deeper level contact me on Whatsapp +27 79 481 8989 then we can do some personal Bible Study!
Part 2 of 8 – Click on Link