If you teach someone something, you give them instructions so that they know about it or how to do it as they speak to God in order to give thanks or to ask for help.
0. Review of Yesterdays study:
- Francois my doubts come from my lack of understanding of who God is.
- Aso I forget so quickly how God has blessed me in the past.
- Doubt comes from when I compare our life situations with others.
1. The Bible Scriptures:
The disciples asked Jesus to teach them to pray.
– Let’s see what the Bible has to say about learning to pray Hans:
5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.
15 Yet the news about him spread all the more, so that crowds of people came to hear him and to be healed of their sicknesses. 16 But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed.
- Francois well first, do not pray in public places to be seen by men. So Jesus wants prayer to be personal and not as a show for other people.
- To go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. God wants our prayer to be intimate.
- Do not keep on babbling because God know what you need already before you ask Him. I will not be heard because of my many words.
- Jesus withdrew to lonely places to pray. Jesus got away from distractions so he could focus on God.
- We are creatures of habit, so if we create a set time habit that becomes our character.
- If prayer is already set out in your schedule it will happen because you planned it. That is if your life is disciplined.
- I will be able to focus and not be distracted.
18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.
- Francois prayer is a relationship where I walk with God.
- God wants to be involved in my every day lives.
– Hans after this study I hope you will know how to pray and learn more.
- Yes Francois communication is key in and every situation even with God.
- Sure dude.
- Morning Father.
- Thank you that I can set up a special time to pray to you.
- I love praying outside running, walking or sitting on a mountain where it helps me to connect with You.
- Father I know how it feels like in a conversation when someone just keeps on babbling and you switch off to what they say. Help my words to meaningful and not just a blabber.
- I pray that in every situation in my life I can involve you in prayer so that you might give me wisdom and live a successful life.
– So Hans what are some practicals to learn how to pray effective prayers.
- Hi Francois I think we covered most of them in my prayer!