No. 1 of the 4 Spiritual Laws / Principles
1. Acknowledge yourself to be a helpless sinner in need of a Saviour.
- Almost seems like an option to acknowledge you need God rather than a requirement.
Biblical Teaching - Truth
Say to them, As I live, declares the Lord God, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live; turn back, turn back from your evil ways, for why will you die, O house of Israel? – Eze 33:11
- Now the Israelites were God chosen people to inherit eternal life and through them that people will come to faith in Jesus.
- Now he is addressing Israel here to turn from their evil ways or they will die physically and spiritually.
- So being part of a church does not automatically make your right with God even though you are amongs His chosen people.
God's Plan of Salvation
1. Hear the Message to have Faith.
17 Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ. – Rom 10:17
- If I don’t believe in heaven? (Study on If someone could speak from the grave, what would they say?)
- So you need to first hear God’s message to have faith.
- If you just follow people opinions you might be deceived. (Study on
The Gospel comes to you by someone sharing their faith with you; studying the Bible.
- When you study the Bible and you realize that is what God says to you then you need to change.
- You have to seek God with your whole heart. (Study on Seeking God)
No. 2 of the 4 Spiritual Laws / Principles
2. Believe that Jesus died on the cross to be your Saviour, admit you need Him (law 1) and rose from the dead by Him defeating sin.
“For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit.” – 1 Pet 3:18
“However, to the one who does not work but trusts God who justifies the ungodly, their faith is credited as righteousness.” – Rom 4:5
“3 For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,” – 1 Cor 15:3-4
No. 2 of Biblical Teaching - Truth
2. People believe that nowadays you only have to have intellectual belief to be saved.
19 After being made alive,he went and made proclamation to the imprisoned spirits— 20 to those who were disobedient long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water, 21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ, – 1 Pet 3:19-21
- Following 1 Pet 3:18 is verse 19 to 21.
- Now here is says Baptism saves you (v.21) not just intellectual belief.
- It says it saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ, now how does that work?
- You see in Rom 4:5 it stipulates that works alone does not save you which is true. Verse 14 says if you just trust in the law your faith is worthless.
No.2 of God's Plan of Salvation
2. Faith is necessary for one to please God, put not just intellectual faith.
“And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.” – Heb 11:6
- Faith is necessary to please God, not just mindless obedience.
- We must believe God will reward our faith.
- Intellectual faith is not enough, it must be accompanied by deeds otherwise it is dead. (Study on I only have to believe, then I am saved!)
- Even the deamons believe in Jesus but is not saved. (Study on Only my faith can save me?)
- Faith comes from hearing the message, so you have to make the Bible the Standard of your Life. (Study on God’s Word)
No. 3 of the 4 Spiritual Laws / Principles
3. You must repent of your sin, confess Jesus as Lord and Christ in your life, believe that Jesus as God will forgive your sins and grant you eternal life.
“Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, forbearance and patience, not realizing that God’s kindness is intended to lead you to repentance?” – Rom 2:4
“9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.” – Rom 10:9-10
“1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God” – Jn 1:1,12
”5 When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralyzed man, “Son, your sins are forgiven.” 10 But I want you to know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins.” So he said to the man, 11 “I tell you, get up, take your mat and go home.” – Mark 2:1-13
No. 3 of Biblical Teaching - Truth
3. People rarely study out what sin really is and in that way do not understand what to repent of and in essence do not repent.
And now what are you waiting for? Get up, be baptized and wash your sins away, calling on his name.’ – Acts 22:16
- Interesting when Paul became a disciple / christian, he called on Jesus’ name.
- Most probably this is where you say “Jesus is Lord” because when your sins is washed away at baptism your are saved, isn’t it?
- Now here in Jn 1:12 God says if you receive and believe in His name he gives you the right to become a child of God. (Study on Am I a child of God if I believe and accept him?)
- So that means that you are not yet a child when you receive Him and believe in His name, because He only give you the right to become a child.
- It is like a cheque of old days. If your boss gives you the cheque it is just a cheque until you cash it in at the bank. The cheque is a right to your money but only when cash it at the bank do you have your money.
- Now we can argue abouut Mark 2:5 that it was the other guys faith that saved the paralysed man, but he must have encouraged his friends to take him there.
No. 3 of God's Plan of Salvation
3. People think it is an option to repent, but for Jesus it is manditory as the first step to start having a relationship with Him.
Repent or Perish
“1 Now there were some present at that time who told Jesus about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mixed with their sacrifices. 2 Jesus answered, “Do you think that these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans because they suffered this way? 3 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.” – Luk 13:1-3
- Repentance is not an option before God.
- Perishing is by default what happens to you, if you do not repent.
- As we say with no. 3 Biblical Teaching – Truth that you have to study out sin to be able to repent from it as well as what repentance really means.
- Study out Sin / Repentance. (Here is a Study on Sin & Repentance)
No. 4 of the 4 Spiritual Laws / Principles
4. We must individually receive Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord; then we can know and experience God’s love and plan for our lives.
“12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God” – Jn 1:12
“For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God” – Gal 2:8
“Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.” – Rev 3:20
Receiving Christ involves turning to God from self (repentance) and trusting Christ to come into our lives to forgive our sins and to make us what He wants us to be. Just to agree intellectually that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that He died on the cross for your sins is not enough. Nor is it enough to have an emotional experience. You receive Jesus Christ by faith, as an act of the will. (How to Know God Personally – Four Spiritual Principles)
Using the 4 Spiritual Laws / Principles people claim to be saved. “You can receive Christ right now by faith through prayer.”
“Lord Jesus, I need You. Thank You for dying on the cross for my sins. I open the door of my life and receive You as my Savior and Lord. Thank You for forgiving my sins and giving me eternal life. Take control of the throne of my life. Make me the kind of person You want me to be.”
No. 4 of Biblical Teaching - Truth
4. There is no example of someone getting saved by praying a prayer in the Bible after Jesus instituted the New Covenant as we can see in the book of Acts.
- Ok so we know from Jn 1:12 in the previous discussion that if you have received Jesus and believe in Him you have the right to become a christian and therefore are not one yet.
- Grace is an unmerited gift of God which we cannot work for but we receive it through our faith by obeying God.
“9 not by works, so that no one can boast.10 For we are God’s handiwork,created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” – Eph 2:9-10
- So here we can see it is God who saves us not ourselves otherwise we would boast like Paul said.
- So the effect of grace is that we live a thankful life to God doing good works.
- Do you live out Jesus’ purpose for your life?
14 “To the angel of the church in Laodicea write:
These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation. 15 I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! 16 So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth. ” – Rev 3:14-16
- So in Rev 3:20 the 4 Spiritual Laws / Principles depict that Jesus is knocking at your heart as a non christian wanting to come in.
- By careful study you see that this passage was written to a church (v.14) and a church is consisted of Christians the last time I looked.
- Now these Christians became lukewarm (v.16) and God was on His way to spit them out of His mounth unless they repent.
- I would think a non Christian cannot be lukewarm, they are ice cold. (Study on Can the door to my heart be opened to Jesus and thus be saved and go to heaven?)
- So this scripture is falsely interpreted by the 4 Spiritual laws as to when you get born again. (Study on If someone could speak from the grave, what would they say?)
No. 4 of God's Plan of Salvation
4. You need to be made into a disciple of Jesus
18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations,” – Mat 28:18-19
- So if all authority heaven on earth has been given to Jesus, it means He is the Boss.
- So Jesus says to His disciples (v.16) to go and make disciples; you are made into a disciple, you are not one by default. (Study on I was born a Christian into a Christian Family)
- Who does Jesus want to be disciples? He says all nations.
- Study out what it means to become a disciple. (Here is a Study on Discipleship)
Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me.” – Luk 9:23
- Becoming a disciple is not an emotional decision, you have to deny yourself.
No. 5 of God's Plan of Salvation
5. You need to be Baptised for the Forgiveness of your Sin and to receive the Holy Spirit. Also you have to have a Spiritual Mentor in your life Teaching you to Obey.
19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with youalways, to the very end of the age.” – Mat 28:19-20
- You see that after you made someone into a disciple you baptize him.
- Then you teach him to obey everything Jesus commanded us.
38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.” – Acts 2:38
- When the first church was formed on the Day of Pentecost (Acts 2:1) Peter stood up who had the keys to Kingdom of Heaven (Another Study you can do).
- He told people to Repent (No. 3 of God’s Plan of Salvation) as discussed before and to get baptized for the forgiveness of their sin and to receive the Holy Spirit.
- So I take it that if your sins gets forgiven and you receive the Holy Spirit that you are saved?
- Some people may claim that their sins get forgiven if they confess them, that is true after you have become a disciple / christian. (Study on Are my Sins forgiven if I confess them?)
If you want to take your relationship with God to a deeper level and study the Bible contact me on Whatsapp +27 79 481 8989 then we can do some personal Bible Study! Francois