Joy is a feeling of great pleasure and happiness as you speak to God in order to give thanks or to ask for help.
0. Review of Yesterdays study:
- I think God is the hardest person we can try to encapsulate.
- We can normally relate to people but God is just on another level.
- Sitting in nature really gives me peace and inspires me to be close to You.
1. The Bible Scriptures:
If we are to pray powerfully we must not only see the importance of prayer and the need for surrender and faith in prayer, but we must appreciate the joy of prayer.
– Let’s see what the Bible has to say about joyful prayer Hans:
Thanksgiving and Prayer
3 I thank my God every time I remember you. 4 In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy 5 because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, 6 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
- Francois I can trust God that He will work things out according to His will.
- The Holy Spirit who helped me become a disciple will carry it on to completion.
- I can cast all my anxieties on God.
- Francois if you are not joyful it means the world has overcome you.
- I do not believe God has my best interests at heart.
- Faithlessness means I do not believe God can or will answer my prayers.
- My problem is bigger than God.
- I will have a set time of prayer.
- Get up early to pray before dark.
- I need to find a lonely place I can pray often.
- Envision Jesus sit on the throne when I start praying.
- Pray through Psalms.
- Pray that God’s will be done.
- Start a prayer journal.
- I can change my position or prayer from kneeling, to lying on the floor or raising my hands to heaven.
– Hans now we know why to be joyful in our prayers.
- Yes Francois it helps me to focus on making my prayer all round.
- Will do Francois.
- Morning Jesus.
- Thank you so much that I can have a purpose!
- Thank you so much I can have a room in heaven like you promised me!
- I can jump for joy because my sins are forgiven, yahooo!!!
- I can live a life of integrity knowing that my life counts for something!
- I can be truly grateful in prayer to You what you have done for me.
- Thank you God that I can give thanks in all circumstances.
- Love you Dad!
– So Hans what are some practicals on prayers.
- Like I said disciplined prayer times.
- Pray every day.
- If you would like to study the Bible and learn more, get a mentor, please feel free to contact me by sending me an email.