0. Review of Yesterdays study:
– Hans what can you remember of yesterdays study?
- Francois I understand that I can ask, seek and knock and approach God’s gracious throne with confidence because God loves me as the apple of His eye and that I am really His son.
- I can be like a real spiritual warrior for God by putting on my spiritual armor for God in my fight against satan.
- It is flat amazing to think that God is for us, the creator of heaven and earth vouch for me! Wow!
- It is amazing to come to terms in understanding that God is my best friend.
Power is the capacity or ability to direct or influence the behaviour of others or the course of events.
Relationships is the he state of being connected.
1. The Bible Scriptures:
– Let’s see what the Bible has to say about itself:
Doing Good to All
6 Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted. 2 Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.
28 He is the one we proclaim, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone fully mature in Christ. 29 To this end I strenuously contend with all the energy Christ so powerfully works in me.
12 See to it, brothers and sisters, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. 13 But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called “Today,” so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness.
16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.
- Francois I should restore a person gently who is caught in a sin.
- I should carry peoples burdens because that is fulfilling the law of Christ.
- We must admonish, teach and proclaim Jesus with the end goal of presenting everybody mature / perfect in Christ. I must do it with all the energy Christ gives me.
- I must make sure that none of my brothers have a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from God.
- I must encourage my brothers daily, so I might not be deceived by sin and hardened by it.
- I need to confess my sin to my brothers and pray for their healing.
- We need to be in people’s lives daily to be able to catch someone in a sin. For someone to be caught in sin means that we have to be hiding and running away. Gentle restoration is the key to getting that person back.
- To become fully mature in Christ we need Christ to be:
- Proclaimed to.
- Admonished and
- To accomplish this is a strain, so that is something we need to daily do which is hard work.
- So the process of symptoms of us leaving God is as follow:
- Have a sinful heart.
- It turns into a unbelieving heart.
- You start turning away from God.
- Our involvement is to look out for those symptoms in peoples lives.
- With the first scripture, the writing on the wall is someone who does not confess their sin regularly, preferably on a daily basis.
- Continuous sin is a sign of:
- Loving your sin more than God.
- Not understanding how sin hurts your life in the present world as well as for eternity.
- In essensce we deceive ourselves with the current benefits of sin.
- Because the consequences of sin is evident in my life there is no healing in my life.
- The consequences of sin will make us emotionally unstable which is also a sign.
- The power and effectiveness of prayer is not evident in your life.
- Francois if I want to do it all myself I do not understand how war works.
- I can go out as one man and try to face a vast army that comes against me but that would be foolish and I will loose.
- We have a saying in our country that say “Eendracht maakt mag” meaning if I stand together with other soldiers we become a big force to be recon with.
- I am thinking about the movie First Knight what Sean Connery said: “By serving each other we become one”.
- I think the question I must ask myself Francois is why I haven’t overcome that specific sin?
- What is my reason for not asking advice about overcoming that sin?
- It is normally pride and feeling embarrased that keeps me from confessing my sin.
– Hans it is awesome how we can support each other to get rid of sin in our lives which kills us spiritually and the love we can show to each other.
- Yes Francois that is real spiritual love we can practise, but which we also need so much in our lives.
- I will be honored.
- Morning Abba, daddy, creator of heaven and earth.
- I praise you this morning Father because of your goodness, kindness, faithfulness, mercy, grace and forgiveness.
- Father when we look at our sin against you who can stand?
- Help us to have those thankful hearts that show it by our lives daily.
- Father I am just thinking, would my closest friends say I live a thankful life because of you?
- I can see Lord if I love you, I also take care of my brothers and sisters around me which show that I love them with the love you gave me.
- I know Lord that I would really appreciate if someone would to look out for me in that way.
- Father I pray that Francois and I would encourage each other dayly to be close to you and seek you with all our hearts.
– So Hans how can we encourage one another to overcome sin.
- I think Francois first and foremost we must have a great realationship with God ourselves.
- It is liike climbing a mountain, I must be fit and fiddle to pull other people up the mountain that struggle along the way.
- I think I must have a real love for my brothers and sister to want to help them and encourage them.
- When it says carry each others burdens it reminds me of the army when we trained to casavac someone back to the hospital carrying him and his rucksack which is a very strenious job.
- Presenting someone perfect in Christ is real love!
- It is like getting married and every day encourage and build up your wife / husband for them to be close to God.
- We will fall in our lives, it is not a question of if. Do I love my brother enough to help him and encourage him when he is down on the ground in the pit.
- It is very easy wearing a mask and deceiving people around me but it takes real men and women to be real and honest people.