0. Review of Yesterdays study:
- Francois if I want to stay pure in God’s eyes I have to memorize scriptures.
- Reading the Bible needs to be like brushing your teeth, you need to do it every day and not just on Sundays.
- I am blessed because I have a pure heart and I will see God.
- If I do not swat the sin mossies they will keep on bugging me in my life.
1. The Bible Scriptures:
– Let’s see what the Bible has to say about itself:
Ask, Seek, Knock
7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
9 “Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11 If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!
The Armor of God
10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.
Jesus the Great High Priest
14 Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven, Jesus the Son of God,let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. 15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin. 16 Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.
Power is the capacity or ability to direct or influence the behaviour of others or the course of events.
Prayer is a solemn request for help of expression of thanks addressed to God.
- Francois God calls us to ask, seek and knock so we can ask to be kept safe from sin on the other hand we can seek to be righteous and knock at the door of people who can help us to overcome sin.
- Prayer is part of our armour of God and enables us to pray in all occasions.
- God wants us to approach His throne of grace with confidence so that we might receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.
- So mercy and grace for our sin is found in our attitude of confidence towards God in our prayers that He loves us and want to forgive our sin as long as we have a Godly sorry about our sin.
More Than Conquerors
31 What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?
My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. 2 He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins,and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.
See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. 2 Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. 3 All who have this hope in him purify themselves, just as he is pure.
- Francois God is for me, He is the Almighty no one can truimph over Him.
- God will give me all things to overcome sins.
- Jesus is our advocate before the Father who atoned for our sins.
- God the Father has lavished his love on us, so that we are called children of God.
- We have the confidence that when Jesus appear, we shall see him as he is that is why we purify ourselves from sin.
Jesus Prays in a Solitary Place
35 Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed.
7 During the days of Jesus’ life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with fervent cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission. 8 Son though he was, he learned obedience from what he suffered 9 and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him 10 and was designated by God to be high priest in the order of Melchizedek.
- There is the following prayers:
- Fervent cries and tears.
- Reverent submission.
- Well Francois I think the first thing is to become aware of my sin.
- There is the obvious sin and then the sins of omission.
- I must pray about having Godly sorrow.
- When I pray I need to realize the consequences of sin have on my life and the lives of other people it affects adversely.
- My friends and my wife.
– Hans it is amazing the power of prayer to overcome sin.
- Francois yes when we have that godly attitude about sin it is truly victorious not just in our lives but the people who witness it.
– Hans would you like to close us out in prayer today?
- Certainly Francois.
- Morning Father.
- Thank you that I can ask you for things.
- Father the battle is truly a spiritual one using our spiritual armour.
- Jesus thank you for being my high priest and that you empathise with my weaknesses.
- Father thank you that I can approach your throne with confidence and receive grace in my times of need.
- Father the fact that you are for us is all that matters for eternity.
- Father in prayer You will graciously give us all things.
- Jesus thank you that you became the atoning sacrifice for my sin so I might repent and be blessed by You.
- Father thank you that you lavishly love me and that I am your family.
- Jesus thank you that I can immitate your prayers to the Father to humble myself before You so that you might bless my life.
- Only through prayer we can connect to you in a personal relationship with you.
– So Hans how can we use God’s prayer to fight against sin?
- I can ask, seek and knock.
- We can use our spiritual armour to fight against satans attacks and pray in the spirit on all occasions.
- We need to work on our confidence in God because Jesus is our high priest who atoned for our sins.
- Do I really believe God is for me? Then my attitude will change because of that realization.
- Understanding God’s love for me will help me to pray to Him and depend on Him.
One thought on “The Power of Prayer”
Hi there very cool website!! Man .. Beautiful .. Wonderful .. Joann Derrik Ichabod