Discipline is the practice of training people to obey rules or a code of behaviour, using punishment to correct disobedience.
0. Review of Yesterdays study:
- Being grateful comes from a thankful heart praying to God.
- Do you like hanging with your buds? Prayer is hanging with your biggest bud.
- To be thankful in all circumstances I have to continually pray!
1. The Bible Scriptures:
The quality that sets apart winnes from losers is literarily discipline. To go where others choose not to go through blood, sweat and tears.
– Let’s see what the Bible has to say about discipline John:
7 For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.
2 Tim 1:7
- Francois a spirit of power, love and self-discipline.
- Tomorrow is another day.
- I need to relax as well you know!
- It is not that serious, I’m not that a serious person.
- I am too busy.
- If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
- It is not a priority.
- It will not work for me.
- Do I look like I care?
- People won’t like it.
- People do not understand what I do.
- This is not the right time.
With the promise of this kind of spirit you can believe that you can become a disciplined person no matter where you are right now. Decide that from this time forward that whatever changes need to be made will be made.
16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
2 Tim 3:16-17
- It teaches us to be spiritually disciplined.
- It rebukes us when we go off the path of discipline.
- If you know where you have been failing a correction to the path of discipline needs to be made.
- It traines you to be righteous, to be in a right standing with God where discipline focusses your to live a godly life.
- There is a saying: “Knowledge is Power”, so if I am not gaining knowledge in my walk with God, I’m becoming less and less powerful.
- So if I become less and less spiritually powerful, I become more and more worldly.
- The more and more worldly I become the more I become sinful and God is a jealous God that will humble me by giving me over to my sin which will make me feel guilty and depressed.
- The more I feel guilty and depressed will affect my work in the world adversely and I might loose your job or become weak spiritually.
- Focussed on needs in my life where I need to change.
- Being a Berean applying the 3 E’s in my life; eagerly, examine the scriptures everyday.
- If I spend 15 minutes a day reading my Bible and praying, that means I spend 1,47 % of my day being spiritual if I take into account that I sleep 7 hours. On a yearly scale you spend 3,08 days of the year drawing close to God. That is not even like one long weekend. If you say to someone that you spend 3 days a year growing closer to God, do you think they think you are serious in your commitment? I have heard that Elon Musk work like 60 hour per weeks instead of 40, so that is 50 % more than he should work a week which is 2,5 working days more in a week. Now that is commitment!!! That is 4 hours more per day extra. If you have a 8 am to 5 pm work and your boss tells you you have to work to 9 pm every day, how will you react. You will tell your boss you don’t live to work!!! You see we understand commitment when it comes to work. So Elon almost works longer a week extra than you spend time with God the whole year. Convicting
- Do people take you seriously when you talk about your commitment to God if you spend 15 minutes a day coming to 1,75 hours a week with God. That is not even as long as a good Star Wars movie!
- I am not writing this to make you feel Bad, but to give you an honest opinion on your commitment.
- I know I can’t read my Bible the whole day but I try to spend at least one hour reading my Bible and praying 30 minutes. So that is 8,82 % of my day. Sounds better to say I spend almost 10 % of my day with God than 1,5 %.
– John now we know why it is important to read our Bible’s so we can be disciplined and productive disciples for God..
- Yes Francois it helps me to focus on what is really important in life.
- Will do Francois.
- Morning Father
- Thank you so much for a new day.
- Thank you for your love and patience with me.
- I know that if I live by the Spirit my life will be powerful, full of love and discipline.
- I pray that I can be disciplined to study my Bible and pray so that I can be close to you.
- If you would like to study the Bible and learn more, get a mentor, please feel free to contact me by whatsapp me +27 79 481 8989