10 As soon as it was night, the brothers sent Paul and Silas away to Berea. On arriving there, they went to the Jewish synagogue. 11 Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true. 12 Many of the Jews believed, as did also a number of prominent Greek women and many Greek men. – Acts 17:10-12
The Bereans – In ancient times, the Bereans were the inhabitants of the city of Berea, also known in the Bible as Beroea, and now known as Veria in what is today Greek Macedonia, Northen Greece.
Noble – Having or showing qualities of high moral character, such as courage, generosity, or honor. Grand or imposing; magnificent.
Growing up as a kids we used to go watch movies at school or the movie theatre. The knights, Zorro and the Roman empire ranked high in our herohood with us four brothers. We had a band of men that usually played in the field across from our house and we build a fort out of trees we felled with a as well stove. We even made weapons of wood, bows, shield and catapults. The knight and Zorro were our Hero’s and we even made some matching capes.
So today I would say that God sees His hero’s as men of noble caracter. The question is, are you?
- Exited to read the Bible
- Examined scriptures of the Bible, not just read them.
- They examined the scriptures Every Day. What devotion!!!
- They made sure the preacher was Preaching the Truth. They checked out what he said.
- The believed, meaning they Put it into Practise.
So would you say you have a noble character in God’s eyes?
- A noble character in God’s eyes: great eagerness in receiving the message; examine Scriptures; daily; and believe — make decisions based on the Scriptures.
- Must check what religious leaders say
- Your challenge: Read and study the Bible every day!
Help me to become a nobleman in your eyes. Help to have the discipline to study my Bible every day and put it into practise. Amen
- If you want to take your relationship with God to a deeper level contact me on Whatsapp +27 79 481 8989 then we can do some personal Bible Study!
Next Study – Page 8 of 9