Beginning: the point in time or space at which something begins
1. The Bible Scriptures:
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.
3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness.
- When heaven and earth was unmade?
- When darkness was on the face of the deep?
- When time was yet unknown?
- When God lived alone in His majesty?
- He called light out of darkness, cosmos out of chaos, he called order out of confusion
- If you believe God created the universe, then logicly you have to ask the question then who created God!
- Then you have to ask the question; who created the God, that created God, who created the God and so forth up to infinity.
- If you ask this question you immediately catagorizes God as created.
- So you are talking about a created God.
- This question is extremely interesting; it is an illustration of a question that already rules out the explanation that most likely is very true.
- The Christian thing is that God wasn’t created.
- The world rules that you can’t get something from nothing.
- You can’t accept the case that if you does that this option is ruled out the case that “there was absolutely nothing and then there was something or anything”.
- It goes against all logic.
“By the word of the Lord the heavens were made,
their starry host by the breath of his mouth.”
- If you believe that you can’t get something from nothing.
- If you grant that there is a something now, which I hope that you do because I am a something that is talking to you and so are you.
- Then there must have been a something all along.
- Everyone must believe that a something has been forever otherwise we would still have nothing.
- So the question is what is the something that has been forever.
- Everything that we know about the physical world tells us that it has not been a good candidate for something that has been around forever.
25 “To whom will you compare me?
Or who is my equal?” says the Holy One.
26 Lift up your eyes and look to the heavens:
Who created all these?
He who brings out the starry host one by one
and calls forth each of them by name.
Because of his great power and mighty strength,
not one of them is missing.
- In the 30’s with the acceptance of the big bang theory which is pretty much uniform now.
- Which is telling us that the universe as of now is a one way show, a one time one way show.
- Everything indicates that energy is being used up, the second law of thermodinamics is established that the suns is running out of energy.
- (The German scientist Rudolf Clausius laid the foundation for the second law of thermodynamics in 1850 by examining the relation between heat transfer and work. … Heat can never pass from a colder to a warmer body without some other change, connected therewith, occurring at the same time.)
- We know that the outer rim of the universe the farther that we go is expanding.
- So the expanding as it seems is speeding up and we have no way of explaining that.
- So the physical world or physical reality is not a good candidate for the something that must always have been to be anything.
- So whatever there was that was the cause of what is must be quite different from that that is.
- So what is as far as we know it can’t always have been.
Our solar sistem = As big as a penny
The Milky Way = As big as North America
- All contingent reality, which is reality that could simply be otherwise; this chair you me, everything that you seee came into being as the precipace of man being it is not solid, it disappears in time.
- All these things does not explain themselves, none of these things explain themselves.
- The totality of contingent things does not explain itself.
- It is like rope everything depends on everything else or like dominoes.
- At some point there must be something that is very unlike to explain what we are in the process thereof.
- So if God was uncreated.
“ In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”
- He already was.
- The central Christian claim is as in Judiasm and Islam is equally that God is eternal.
3 When I consider your heavens,
the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
which you have set in place,
4 what is mankind that you are mindful of them,
human beings that you care for them?
- The question by definition does not apply to Him.
- The only way you can get something out of it in the negative sense is to assume that everything is in the category of the created that begs the original question.
3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.
- The Greecks were interested in two catagories, in that came today and the things that were.
- Is there a thing or a being that never came to being and that is God.
- You say that it is a valid question but I do not agree with you.
- You believe that the universe created you.
- Who created your creator?
- To Einstein: What is consciousness? I don’t know.
- What is energy? I am a physicist, I can measure energy and can use energy.
- That is not the question I asked you. What is it? I don’t know.
- Do you believe in consciousness? Yes.
- Do you believe in energy? Yes.
- So you believe in these two things yet you do not know what they are? Should I write you off as an intellectual?
- Please don’t. That is exactly what you were going to do to me.
- If you don’t know what energy is, nobody does.
- Don’t be surprised that energy like gravity and consciousness, don’t be surprised that you will get an element of that in God. They are bound together.
- A timeless eternal being cannot have a cause.
- Keith Ward‘s book “God, chance and necessity”.
- If one asked the question what causes God, then the answer is nothing can bring into being the reality that wholly transcends space time and which is self existant.
- To fail to grasp such an idea is to fail to grasp what God is.
- Everything that begins to exist has a cause, something cannot come into being out of nothing.
- But is something is eternal and timeless it does not fall under that first premise it does not need a cause.
- It is like Daniel Dennet recognized: “That if eternal varieties exist like number or mathematical objects they do not need a cause, they never come into being they never begin to exist.
- The concept of God is an eternal self existent being, God is uncaused He is self existent.
J. Warner Walla
- Our definition of God is the uncreated creator of the universe.
- So to ask the question who created the uncreated God, is like asking what sound does silence make.
- The definition of silence preclude us from asking the question.
- And that is what we do when we ask who created the uncreated creator of the universe.
- Do we as Christians have a problem in grounding our beliefs in a God that is uncreated?
- Does the atheists have a better answer for this?
- I will tell you as a non believer, I also believed in an uncreated creator. Maybe he was a multiverse creator in an quantum environment where the universe emerge spontaneously.
- Regardless of what it was that caused the universe as an athiest I would have told you that that thing was uncreated.
- So it turns out that everyone believes there is an uncreated creator.
- The question of where did God come from assumes / displays that you are thinking of the wrong God.
- Because the God of the Bible is not affected by time, space or matter.
- If He is affected by time, space or matter He is not God.
- Time, space and matter is what we call a continuam, all of them have to come into existence at the same instant.
- Because if you have matter but no space where would you put it?
- If there was matter and space but not time when would you put it?
- You cannot have time, space or matter independantly, they have to come into existence simultaneously.
- The Bible answers that in ten words.
“In the beginning (time) God created the heaven (space) and the earth (matter)”
- The time, space and matter has been created by the trinity of trinities.
- Time = Has Past, Present and Future.
- Space = Has Height, Width and Depth.
- Matter = Has Solid, Liquid and Gas.
- You have the trinity of trinies created instantly.
- The God who created them has to be outside of them.
- If He is limited by time He is not God.
- The God who created this computer is not in the computer, running around in there changing the numbers on the screen.
- The God who created this universe is outside this universe, He is above it, beyond it and through it. He is unaffected by it.
- The concept of a spiritual force cannot have an affect on a material body.
- You have to explain to me things like emotions, love, hatred, envy, jealously and rationality.
- If you brain is just a random collection of chemicals by chance over billions of years, how can you trust your own reasoning process and the thoughts that you think.
- Your question; “Where did God come from?” is assuming a limited God and that is your problem.
- The God that I worship is not limited by time, space or matter.
- If I could fit the infinite God in my 3 pound brain He would not be worth worshipping.
- And therefore He came from nowhere.
- Now that is theological correct and Biblically sound.
“God came from Teman,
the Holy One from Mount Paran.
His glory covered the heavens
and his praise filled the earth.”
- Let’s be reasonable, where did God come from?
- God came from nowhere because there wasn’t anywhere for Him to come from.
- Coming from nowhere He stood on nothing.
- The reason for Him to stand on nothing because there was nowhere for Him to stand.
- And standing on nothing He reached out where there was nowhere to reach and caught something when there was nothing to catch and hung something on nothing and told it to stay there.
“He spreads out the northern skies over empty space;
he suspends the earth over nothing.”
- And standing on nothing He took the hammer of His own will and He struck the anvil of His omnipitance and start through therefrom.
- And He caught them on the tips of His fingers and flung them out to space and decked the heavens through stars and nobody said a word.
- The reason nobody said anything, there was nobody to say anything.
- So God said that’s good and God has given Christ the name that is above every name.
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
- Whether you believe in an uncreated creator or not, most of the world does. What do you believe where did everything come from. If you do believe it came out of a soup, where did the soup come from?
- Can you explain what energy is? Or consciousness?
- If you think you have knowledge about life the universe and everything, do you know everything 100%? If you do not know it 100% isn’t there a chance maybe in that 1% that God is the God of the Bible?
– John now we know that if you want to find out who God is you can also look at nature and the stars.
- Yes Francois we have two love birds and it is astounding how this amaizing colorful animal with wings can come out of a yoke with a blob or jelly. When you make an breakfast have you thought about that a bird comes out of that?
- Morning Creator of the Heavens and the Earth!!!
- God I stand astounded just by what you have made.
- For us as created beings it is hard to grasp the concept that you have always been.
- When we think of consciousness, energy, forces like gravity. We think they have always been there.
- It not hard for us to accept that but when we think of you God we wonder who was your dad and creator.
- Help us to draw close to you and have the faith that will help us repent of our sin and live a righteous life that glorifies your name.
- If you would like to study the Bible and learn more, get a mentor, please feel free to contact me by whatsapp me +27 79 481 8989. Join our find your greatness meetup group. https://www.meetup.com/find-your-greatness/