God has been conceived as either personal or impersonal. In theism, God is the creator and sustainer of the universe, while in deism, God is the creator, but not the sustainer, of the universe. … In the Christian doctrine of the Trinity, one God coexists in three “persons” called the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
1. The Bible Scriptures:
24 “The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands. 25 And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else. 26 From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands. 27 God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us. 28 ‘For in him we live and move and have our being.’ As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.’
24 “The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth…”
- Do you believe that?
- Yes but who then created God?
- You can study it out more in another post we did about who created God.
- Why or why not?
- Well someone must have created these things.
- If there is a creation then there must be a creator.
- Maybe God was a multiverse creator in an quantum environment where the universe emerge spontaneously.
24 (cont.) “…and does not live in temples built by human hands.”
- What do you think?
- God created the entire universe!
- Do you think we can confine him to living in such a small space?
- If God created the universe why would He go live in a temple and confine Himself like that?
- “This is what the Lord says: “Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool. Where is the house you will build for me? Where will my resting place be?” – Is 66:1. So God even say that heaven is His throne.
- Yet at the same time, He is God, so He can make himself small enough to live in our hearts.
25 “And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything…”
- God created everything; does he need us to give it back to him?
- If God needed anything He can just create it for Himself, He is self-sufficient.
- Yet, what are some things we offer to God?
- Usually for Hindus, the answer would be coconuts, milk, flowers.. etc.
- For Catholics, it could be lighting candles.
- So, if God doesn’t need our material offerings, what DOES he need?
- Your heart, your time.
- Like with us gifts is a love language not all of it.
- There is quality time, words of affirmation, touch, etc.
- Like the saying you fall in love, it is an emotional connection.
25 (cont.) “…Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else.”
- For people who are devoted to their mothers and fathers rather than to God, this is an excellent point.
- You may argue that your mother gave birth to you – correct?
- Your mother can give you birth, but who gives you life?
- Your mother gives you a body, but God gives you a soul.
- And if God gave you life, who should be your #1 priority?
- God obviously!
“26 From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands.”
- God marked out your entire life.
- The year you would be born in, your family, schooling, friends – everything.
- He planned for so-and-so to meet you in the way they did, for you and me to be sitting here and learning from his Word.
- God planned everything – the good and the bad.
- Have you ever had anything bad happen to you?
- Know that God is still in control. [Don’t justify what happened to you, “you probably deserved it”; instead, understand that we need to go to God to discern why things happen.]
- God planned all the little details of your life.
- That’s a lot of effort!
27 “God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us.”
- Why would God go through all this work?
- God did all of this so you can seek Him!
- And perhaps reach out for Him to find Him. God wants us to find Him, are you searching for Him.
- And He reassures us that he is not far from us, no matter how far we may feel we are from him.
27(cont.) “…and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us.”
- The scripture says “perhaps”; what does that word mean?
- Perhaps means possibly. God has done all this to bring you to this moment, hoping you would seek Him, but it is still your choice.
- You can still choose to walk away from Him and all He has to offer.
- Or you can choose to seek Him and find Him.
- He allows us to make our own choices because He loves us.
- No choice, no love.
“28 ‘For in Him we live and move and have our being.’ As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are His offspring.’ “
- This is so important for us to know.
- Only when we live through God we fulfill our purpose for which He has made us.
- If we are like a child who runs away from his parents, we will never experience the love and fulfillment which comes from having a loving family.
- You are God’s child.
- He cares for you.
29 “Therefore since we are God’s offspring, we should not think that the divine being is like gold or silver or stone—an image made by human design and skill.
- Is it possible for one to make his/her own parents?
- Then what makes us think we can make God?
30 In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent.”
- The heart of God is forgiveness.
- You did everything in your past in ignorance.
- But now, you’ve been given this chance to repent, take it.
– John I hope you got a clear picture about who God is.
– He is not a distant God but is closely associated with your life – at times guiding and at times disciplining you so that one day you would truly understand who he is.
- Yes Francois it is like realizing I breath air which I wasn’t aware of all along.
- It is like finding your first love which you never knew about, but understanding it makes your heart race and make you feel on top of the world.
- Sure, Francois.
- Morning Father, Creator, God of Love and Forgiveness
- I want to praise you for I am fearfully and wornderfully made.
- God if I seek You I will find You, like you promised.
- I pray that You will be my first love and that the world will not deceive me in following it’s desires and wants.
- Father help me to learn to get to know You, just as in a relationship the more time I spend with the person the closer I will feel.
- If you would like to study the Bible and learn more, get a mentor, please feel free to contact me by whatsapp me +27 79 481 8989. Join our find your greatness meetup group. https://www.meetup.com/find-your-greatness/