As the Word, Jesus was eternally present with God, active in all creation, and the source of humanity’s moral and spiritual nature. Jesus is not only greater than any past human prophet but greater than any prophet could be. He not only speaks God’s Word; he is God’s Word.
Jesus was the most extraordinary man to walk the face of the earth.
- Even non-Christians that study his life stand in awe of Him.
1. The Bible Scriptures:
God’s Final Word: His Son
1 In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe. 3 The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven. 4 So he became as much superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is superior to theirs.
- God reaches out to build a relationship with me in many ways, I think.
- God has chosen to speak to me through his Son Jesus.
- I see here the personality of God is revealed through His son Jesus.
- Here God the Father tells me what God the Son is all about.
The Word Became Flesh
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
- His son is the exact representation of God and reveals His glory to me.
- Radiance is what I see of the sun, although I haven’t seen the sun.
- So the people in Jesus’ time have seen the radiance of God but not yet God the Father who is like the sun in this illustration.
- It is interesting that Philip asked Jesus to show the Apostle the Father.
- If I can remember Jesus’ resonse was quite profound.
8 Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.”
9 Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. 11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves.
- Well Francois for the atheist there goes their theory of where the universe came from.
- Sounds better to me that Jesus God’s Son made the world than it came from a soup like the atheist believe!!!
- The question I want to ask the atheists is: “Where did the soup come from?”
- You can check out our other study: “Where did God come from?“
God made the universe through his Son and His creation ‘speaking to me’ should convince me that He is God.
19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made,so that people are without excuse.
- I think guilt have consumed my life making me depressed and live a listless life?
- I feel like I am in a pit that I cannot get out of?
- Jesus came to purify me from my sins.
- I feel loved when someone forgives me and decides not to hold that against me and move on?
- The one who created everything perfectly, came to restore everything back to perfection by offering Himself for my sins.
- Amaizing that David said that God forgave the guilt of his sins, not just the sins themselves.
Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity.
I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord.”
And you forgave the guilt of my sin.
- For many of us our feelings and appitites rules our life.
- Does that make you happy?
- I don’t think so; if I look at most actor and how their lives turns out to despair in the end.
- So that bigger car, house, job and vacations does not fulfill us in the end it just makes us crave for more and more and more.
- Jesus was seated at the right hand of God.
- This makes me think of those midevil movies, where the new king is throned and everybody gives him a bit round of applause.
– John I hope you got a clearer picture about who Jesus is now.
- Man it was awesome, I did not think about all the roles that Jesus fulfill for me in my life!
- No wonder I enjoy being out in nature experiencing God in the raw.
- Sure, Francois.
- Morning Father, Creator, God of Love and Forgiveness
- I want to praise you for I am fearfully and wornderfully made.
- God if I seek You I will find You, like you promised.
- I pray that You will be my first love and that the world will not deceive me in following it’s desires and wants.
- Father help me to learn to get to know You, just as in a relationship the more time I spend with the person the closer I will feel.
- If you would like to study the Bible and learn more, get a mentor, please feel free to contact me by whatsapp me +27 79 481 8989. Join our find your greatness meetup group. https://www.meetup.com/find-your-greatness/