Good is to be desired or approved of and having the required qualities; of a high standard.
Pleasant on the other side is giving off a sense of happy satisfaction or enjoyment and a friendly, considerate and likeable person.
When I think of good and pleasant; I think of me and my friends going to a log cabin in the middle of the winter. We will go skiing, sit by the fireplace and play board games while some are lying in the hammock reading their favourite book.
1. The Bible Scriptures:
1 How good and pleasant it is
when God’s people live together in unity! – Ps 133:1
- John is your life good and pleasant?
- What is your unity like for you?
- Do you consider yourself to be part of God’s people John?
- If you do, you would live together in unity.
- If you do not live in unity, you most probably are not part of God’s people but the devil.
- God does say you must love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you and pray for those who mistreat you. (Luk 6:27-28)
- Do you:
- Love your enemies?
- Do good to those who hate you?
- Bless those who curse you?
- Pray for those who mistreat you?
- Jesus did:
- Love His enemies, it was me and you! (Rom 5:10)
- He did good to us by dying on the cross for us when we were still in our sin. (1 Jn 3:14-15)
- Jesus said “Father forgive them because the do not know what they are doing” when we cursed Jesus on the cross with our sin. (Luk 23:34, Gal 3:13)
- He also prayed for us when we were crusifying Him with our sin. (Rom 4:25)
– John I can think back when I used to play rugby and we won some games. It was really about doing your job and passing the ball to score a try, just running aimless by myself was not good for me and the team. It is impossible for one to like everybody on the team because we are different people with different things that connect us. In rugby it is the love of the game and winning that drives us to excel and form a bond of unity. Same when I was in the army. We suffered together getting fit but that suffering bonded us together because we knew in the end we need to learn to work together because our lives will depend on it.
- Francois I think the last point you mentioned about the army makes me think in a spiritual way that we are God’s army to win the world. If we get caught up in petty differences and unforgiveness are we really the Christians that will win the world?
- Same like in rugby, you don’t keep an unforgiving grudge against a guy who missed a tackle in one game! But as Christians we think we are justified when we can keep a grudge for years and not forgive someone for it. Imagine if Jesus is not willing to forgive us for than one time we hurt Him by something bad we said about another person. That would be ludricous and we would not believe God is a God of mercy and grace.
- Thanks, Francois.
– Father morning.
– Thanks so much for a new day!
– A day where I have the opportunity to love my fellow man like Your Son Jesus did.– God I pray that I will always have a heart of reconsiliation.
– The heart that You had when you came to earth to reconsile us back to you.
– I am thinking of that scripture; while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
– So that means that when I was your enemy you loved me and was willing to get hurt if I do not choose to love you back.
– Lord that is most probably the most heroic thing I can do as a Christian to love the lost and my brothers and sisters who decided that they loved the world more than you.
– Help me to be brave to love people who might reject me so I can restore the unity, goodness and pleasantness of my friendships.
- If you would like to study the Bible and learn more, get a mentor, please feel free to contact me by whatsapp me +27 79 481 8989. Join our find your greatness meetup group. https://www.meetup.com/find-your-greatness/