A Buddy is a close friend.
It ss to become friendly and spend time with someone.
A buddy is that close friend who you call when you are really in trouble to come bail / help you out.
We all in our lives have made use of our close friends to help us out even if it is with moving your stuff, some bonding time.
I can remember being in the army you get a buddy who you train with. Someone you do situps with and carry the log pole in PT.
I had one friend of mine who normally hanged around with me, he was a bit shorter than me being 6 foot 6. After army he told me he liked to do pole PT with me because he used to run in the middle with the pole en then me and the other guy would carry most of the weight. (smile) So literarily I carried the weight of the pole for him.
So let’s study out who is your buddy spiritually.
1. The Bible Scriptures:
9 Two are better than one,
because they have a good return for their labor:
10 If either of them falls down,
one can help the other up.
But pity anyone who falls
and has no one to help them up. – Ecc 4:9-10
- This verse is mostly used for married couples. Your weaknesses are complimented with your spouses strengths. That is why the Bible says the two become one flesh. You are a better person together than you are by yourselves. Appreciate the differences and do not let it devide you.
- Think about your best friend. You are most probably like peas in a pod.
- Even as close friend you can share your joys and disappointments in life.
- I think the point is here to help each other up when we fall.
- Are you there for your friends? Do you look at ways to help them up?
- Most of the time we think we are superman and should not have any weaknesses and struggles. Our facebook profile looks like we are celebrities but back at the ranch there are some real problems.
- Obviously this is written with a spiritual intent seeing it comes from the Bible.
- I think this is most probably why Jesus sent out the disciples two by two, so they can help and encourage one another.
- Do you know how your friends are doing spiritually?
- Do I know how I am doing spiritually?
- Do I have a spiritual mentor?
- The Bible does say in Mat 28:20 to “teach them to obey everything I have commanded you”, that is the guys you have made disciples of and baptized.
- Do we have deep spiritual friendships or do we just drink and braai together and laught at the latest jokes?
- I think the question in the end is do we really care about our friends eternity?
– In the army John when someone get shot or woulded you have to casavac (carry) them to the nearest point where they can be taken to a hospital.
– Now if you haven’t experienced being in battle it is a real hardcore hidden fight to shoot your enemy and not get shot.
– You most probably are carrying at least 10 kg of rifle, ammo and provisions if not medical kits, radios and the sort.
– Now remember if you have to carry that guy you already are carrying your stuff as well and believe me carrying a person to safety is normally dead weight meaning they cannot assist you.
– We used to practise with carry poles, tyres, etc. to similate working as a team to take care of your buddies.
– So yes that is when your resolve if that person is your buddy is really tested, but you know that your fellow soldiers would do the same thing for you!
- I think Francois that being in a spiritual war, is so much more difficult.
- If we are not in constant contact with each other and talk about what is going on in our lives there is no way we can fight the spiritual battle.
- That is most probably why Jesus send the disciples out two by two and why He commanded us to teach people to obey. (Luk 10:1, Mat 28:20)
- So if you are really in the spiritual battle you need a friend who will back you up!
- Rightow, Francois.
- Good morning Dad, what a beautiful winters morning!
- How priveledged are we to be in Your kingdom and that we have brothers and sister who support us and mentor us to be the best for You.
- Father I pray for the people who are looking for you and are alone that we can find them and help them to become disciples.
- I pray that I will be a great spiritual friend, even when people think I am weird and a Jesus freak.
- Father people normally say when they are really into something in the world that that person is committed but when you are living wholehearted for God you are a freak.
- Well Father I’d rather be known as a freak than be accepted by the world as committed to a worldly cause.
- Father to have a friend really love you spiritually is exceptional, rare and special although we can sometimes think they are weir.
- What if that friends support can help me to go to heaven!!!! What a bonus!!!
- Father please help me to not be ignorant of my friends spiritual state but really care how their walk with You are!
- If you would like to study the Bible and learn more, get a mentor, please feel free to contact me by whatsapp me +27 79 481 8989. Join our find your greatness meetup group. https://www.meetup.com/find-your-greatness/